This Week's Saturday Shorts: A Blow Out of "M is for..." Shorts (2.0)
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's amazing edition of short films created and submitted by you, a fellow AICN reader! Now while I thought last week's "M is For..." theme was a one off, a way to showcase a handful of fun shorts that were created for a competition, little did I know I'd be opening the flood gates. Boom! My inbox practically exploded with these videos and well... the competition's almost over (Nov 14th), so why not go ahead and showcase a few more? If any of them happen to blow you away, then hop on over to their page and "like" the hell out of it. Again, in case you've not had this competition thrown at you enough, it's all wrapped around THE ABCs OF DEATH 2, a follow up to last year's flick wherein each letter of the alphabet stands for a way to day. This time the letter "M" is up for grabs, so folks across the world have come out of the wood works to toss their hat in the ring. I'm somewhat of a lover of folks who get off their butts and make stuff, whether it's music, movies, or a new business venture, so a competition like this, something that motivates folks to get creative, I'm more than on board for. That said, I'm doing my best to stay impartial and just present what's been sent to me, so you won't be catching any actual criticism and/or thought jots on any of the flicks below. (Slightly lighter than my norm). So let's get at it, eh? And just tossing it out there - if you've got an "M is For" short, feel free to send it my way, but just know I'm absolutely not doing another "M" version of SATURDAY SHORTS (until the next film?). I've got a handful of really kickass shorts to show you all, but with that deadline of Nov. 14th flying right up - I couldn't pass up another "M" filled weekend.
M IS FOR MERMAN
From Darryl Shaw, we get a little role reversal action in this magical fish lover's romp. Vote for it HERE.
M IS FOR MIDGET
BAM! Next up is some midget lovin' fun with Dan Koontz's somewhat politically incorrect 3 minutes of fun. Vote for it HERE.
M IS FOR MISSING
Another Saturday Shorts vets, Darren George Westwood, has whipped up a heaping serving of "why I'm in no rush to have kids." Vote for it HERE.
M IS FOR MESSIAH
Michael Prince's idea of the second coming of jeebus isn't as hopeful as some religions might have you think... Vote for it HERE.
M IS FOR MONSTRICIDE
And finishing up this week's selection of awesome, we've got another Saturday Shorts veteran, Adam Badlotto, taking it away. Vote for it HERE.
All right ladies and gents, next week is back to... well featuring shorts that aren't tied to a letter. I'm a little tapped out on "M" at the moment, but hope you fine folks had fun. I'll catch you all later with some truly fun flicks.
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
BY THE WAY: If you've had a short featured here, that means that I personally am a fan of your work, so feel free to shoot me any kind of news on new projects/films/whatever. I can't say I'll be able to help or in what capacity, but I'm interested in your work and am always down to see more! (Keep making cool stuff, everyone!)
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 132 total posts 53 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 272 total posts 16 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 34 total posts 14 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 261 total posts 13 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 20 total posts 10 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 118 total posts 7 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 29 total posts 7 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- Jessica Chastain to play Marilyn Monroe for Andrew Dominik in BLONDE! -- 43 total posts 6 posts