This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: A Horror Fest of Fun!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's creeptastic edition of SATURDAY SHORTS, short films created and submitted by fellow AICN readers. We've had quite a few "mixed bag" blocks lately and will possibly have another next week, but I'm feeling like we need a little scary spice added to the mix. Thankfully, we have quite a few horror films below just dying (and killing) to be seen. Seriously, subtle thriller-esque is your style? We've got you. Crazy over the top gorefests more like it? Bam! Got you there. Have some fun, blow these shorts up full screen and crank the volume, though you might just want to leave a light on...
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
To kick things off this week we have a film from Jason Jensen. "Astrid is a lonely young girl, longing for human contact. Those that get close to her discover a girl with a disturbed mind. And those that reject her find themselves suffering terrible consequences." Be sure to check out the film's site or like them on Facebook.
Ever wondered where Teddy Bears came from? No? Yeah me either.... Jason Butler and Brendan Butler have built their own explanation and it's damn interesting. Horror, action, with puppets? I'm in. "What if you knew where your Teddy Bear really came from?" Be sure to hit up the film's site for more info.
"As the final kill draws near, a vampire-hunting vagrant tries to coax an old friend back into the fold." Ben Steiner's packed quite a bit of awesome in this freaky addition to vampire lore. Serious fun.
THE UNGRATEFUL GUEST
Here we have another excellent short from Lucky Six. "A lonely young man abducts an unsuspecting waitress to spend Valentine's Day with him."
RESIDENT EVIL: DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS
I'm not too keen on the Resident Evil universe, but I know a fun short when I see one and that's exactly what we have here. From Desmond Dolly we have seven minutes of blood pumping entertainment. "Can Team Rocket Jump survive the Zombie Apocalypse, or will they get down with the sickness? Inspired by RE6 – There’s no hope left for the Rocket Jump gang as a deadly virus is unleashed upon the Earth by a deadly terrorist force. The dead walk again and they’re hungry for BRAAAAINS! Team up with the RocketJumpers to fight your way out alive before you become zombie flesh food. Remember, it’s all fun and games until someone gets their face ripped off."
So that's all folks, that's this week's SATURDAY SHORTS. I hope you had as much fun watching them as I did. I'll see you all next week with some more bits of awesome. But hey, be sure to hit up any past articles:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 178 total posts 50 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 127 total posts 18 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 175 total posts 10 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 163 total posts 4 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- AICN Tabletop: Abstruse Reports On GenCon 2014! -- 14 total posts 2 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 99 total posts 2 posts
- BIG BROTHER Eviction Nine!! RECTIFY & ROOKIE BLUE Finales!! New GARFUNKLE, JESUS, NAKED, QUEST, WORST, MARRIED, MYTHBUSTERS, RUSH, RECTIFY, DOOMSDAY, DEFIANCE, SWEDEN, SATISFACTION, ENGELS, GAME, BOO BOO, BAD, BIBLE!! Bunnymen On LETTERMAN!! Rehearsals On CONAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 2 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 163 total posts 2 posts