This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Short, Sweet, Explosive.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's short film picks. I'm no wordsmith, so I'll keep my textual jazzhands to my sides for this intro - what I do have for you today is a lineup of fun, well-made shorts submitted by all sorts of folks from all over. There's no need to drop cliches when describing what I've got in store for you, they're all unique little nuggets of cinematic enjoyment wrapped in a Vimeo/Youtube bow. And on top of that (special to this week) there's nothing over ten minutes, so I'm not asking you to invest time - just giving you a buffet of fun flicks from some damn talented individuals. So have at it, let's jump right on in - I'm 100% positive you'll dig what we've got.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
STAN LEE PARKOUR
With a title like that, you know you're in for a damn good time. From producer Tom Grey, we get a glimpse into the world of a creative icon and see just how Stan gets around town when he's in a hurry. This video is just fun, the sum of all it's parts is simply a good time - it's not going to change your world, but it wasn't made to. If you haven't seen this already, do yourself a solid.
Up next we have six minutes of an awkward situation from director Daniel Beals. "Looking to collect his ransom, this kidnapper finds himself between a father and son at VERY extreme odds."
(Psycho-drama / Thriller)
Here's a true work of art. From Simone Smith, we have a rather poignant film that is sure to stick with you."A photo journalist is disturbed by visions of war..." Be sure to check out the film's website for more info!
(Animaton / Action)
Fresh out the gate with his directorial debut, Franco Movsesian brings us this experimental action trip. Keep them coming, Franco - this short is incredible. "A man awakens to a startling discovery, he's been shot in the head. The bullet, lodged in his skull, has triggered supernatural powers. Or, so he believes. Our hero comes face to face with the Man in Black, who reveals that all is not what it seems. Who is the Man in Black and what terrible secret does he know? Find out in BULLET HEAD."
Here's one that left me thinking about it long after it was over, so it makes sense to save for last. Producer, Gerald Strother sent this my way. (If you don't dig Vimeo - here's the YouTube link).
"A genre hopping micro short which takes the constraints of it's duration and attempts to engage the viewer long after the film has finished. Becky aged 6 disappears. Where did she go? What did she see?
And Bam! So what'd you think? Dig 'em as much as I did/do? Awesome. Well, that's it for this week - I'll see you all next week with more. But hey - be sure to hit up past weeks:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 159 total posts 28 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 92 total posts 20 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 76 total posts 17 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 52 total posts 17 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 84 total posts 8 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 130 total posts 8 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 73 total posts 7 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 19 total posts 7 posts