This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Short, Sweet, Explosive.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's short film picks. I'm no wordsmith, so I'll keep my textual jazzhands to my sides for this intro - what I do have for you today is a lineup of fun, well-made shorts submitted by all sorts of folks from all over. There's no need to drop cliches when describing what I've got in store for you, they're all unique little nuggets of cinematic enjoyment wrapped in a Vimeo/Youtube bow. And on top of that (special to this week) there's nothing over ten minutes, so I'm not asking you to invest time - just giving you a buffet of fun flicks from some damn talented individuals. So have at it, let's jump right on in - I'm 100% positive you'll dig what we've got.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
STAN LEE PARKOUR
With a title like that, you know you're in for a damn good time. From producer Tom Grey, we get a glimpse into the world of a creative icon and see just how Stan gets around town when he's in a hurry. This video is just fun, the sum of all it's parts is simply a good time - it's not going to change your world, but it wasn't made to. If you haven't seen this already, do yourself a solid.
Up next we have six minutes of an awkward situation from director Daniel Beals. "Looking to collect his ransom, this kidnapper finds himself between a father and son at VERY extreme odds."
(Psycho-drama / Thriller)
Here's a true work of art. From Simone Smith, we have a rather poignant film that is sure to stick with you."A photo journalist is disturbed by visions of war..." Be sure to check out the film's website for more info!
(Animaton / Action)
Fresh out the gate with his directorial debut, Franco Movsesian brings us this experimental action trip. Keep them coming, Franco - this short is incredible. "A man awakens to a startling discovery, he's been shot in the head. The bullet, lodged in his skull, has triggered supernatural powers. Or, so he believes. Our hero comes face to face with the Man in Black, who reveals that all is not what it seems. Who is the Man in Black and what terrible secret does he know? Find out in BULLET HEAD."
Here's one that left me thinking about it long after it was over, so it makes sense to save for last. Producer, Gerald Strother sent this my way. (If you don't dig Vimeo - here's the YouTube link).
"A genre hopping micro short which takes the constraints of it's duration and attempts to engage the viewer long after the film has finished. Becky aged 6 disappears. Where did she go? What did she see?
And Bam! So what'd you think? Dig 'em as much as I did/do? Awesome. Well, that's it for this week - I'll see you all next week with more. But hey - be sure to hit up past weeks:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 248 total posts 248 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 223 total posts 223 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 200 total posts 199 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 127 total posts 127 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 203 total posts 119 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 118 total posts 75 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 352 total posts 57 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 69 total posts 57 posts