This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: A Wide Spectrum of Awesomeness!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's epic selection of greatness, a mix of fun flicks created and sent in by movie loving beasts like you and me. This week we've got it all (minus romance or comedy), so strap yourself in and prep your mind to be cinematically expanded. We truly do have some quailty shorts up this week, so do yourself a solid and full screen them all (you won't be dissapointed). As always, if you've got a short you've been sitting on/deciding if you should shoot it my way - do it. I'm always on the look out for cool flicks, so email me your link Mike@aintitcool.com!
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
Let's kick things off with a rather impressive scifi flick from director Nicholas Militello. If you dig what you see, check out the film's website. "In the not too distant future, Earth is occupied by a hostile alien race that's aggressively searching for a missing alien artifact -- a sphere that contains an infinite source of powerful energy. When a resistance fighter gains possession of the sphere, he races to unlock the energy it contains in order to eradicate the alien forces and return Earth to humankind."
Found footage flick done right! Check out Charlie Kessler's dip into the ocean of conspiracy theory fueled fun. "For years, conspiracy theories have surrounded the Montauk area - from government projects to something deeper and more supernatural. Now, using files unearthed from the archives of the Suffolk County Police department, bear witness to the latest - and most shocking - incident in the history of the area."
Up next we have a tightly paced thriller from director Michael Maney and producer Ryan Lewis of Cider Mills Productions. "Nikki (Stephanie Brait) is a crystal methaddict living a life bent on self-destruction. After a failed attempt to pawn an old discarded mannequin to support her drug habit, Nikki finds herself host to an unwanted guest with a most unusual request. As the line between hallucination and reality blur, Nikki finds herself trapped in a nightmare in which her own sanity is at stake."
From director Brad Champagne, we have a pretty trippy flick that has us jumping through a laundry list of bizarre happenings. "In a cyberpunk future where memories are interchangeable, a desperate man finds his salvation in stealing whole lives to remake his past. As he reflects on a user that went too far he finds that the pieces of the past are difficult to put together and impossible to escape." Check out the film's behind the scenes.
BAM! That's it for this week, dudes and dudettes. I'll see you all next week with some more shorts you should check out. Have a great easter (if that's what you're into), catch all sorts of rabbit eggs! Though hey, if you're in the mood for more shorts, take a peak at some past selections:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 340 total posts 46 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts