This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Carrots, Chickens, and Awesomeness.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's selection of shorts to rock your Saturday. This week we have an odd assortment of good flicks - odd, becuase it's primarily comedy, but with a dramatic nugget or two tossed into the mix (like adding kale when you're juicing - you just know you should). At any amazing rate, we have some quality stuff for you guys and gals today that is sure to make you chuckle. If you're a filmmaker and have a short, but are sitting on the fence about shooting it in for SATURDAY SHORTS - send it my way (Mike@aintitcool). I'm on the hunt for crazy stuff (as you'll see in today's selection). That's enough from me, let's hop into this cinematic lovefest of fun.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
CARROT AND STICK
To kick things off, we have a short directed by Mile Hindman and SpongeBob Squarepants writer Derek Iversen. If it feels very Nickelodeon to you, that's because it is. It's an incredibly refreshing mix up of animation and live action that is sure to rock your world.
QUEEN OF HEARTS
Poker, it's a game that we've all seen in many, many films done in many, many different styles. Rest assured, you haven't seen it done like this. From director Chris Foggin and producer Bradley Porter, sit back and watch a story "about the eternal battle between good and evil during a game of Poker" starring Jason Flemyng, Kate Mara & Aneurin Barnard.
(Science Fiction / Art)
From director Tim Maughan we get this poem of a film, a beautifully dark look into augmented reality graffiti artists in near future Bristol, UK.
And from Alex of Cliff House Arts, we have this brief play on words, a funny dip into the life of a trophy wife. (Vimeo link)
BFC: BIG F*CKIN' CHICKEN
Oh dear god, this one is awesome. I just got it sent in last night and couldn't wait to show you fine folks. From the hyper creative duo of Dan Lee & Vivian Lee we get a bizarre... truly bizarre, yet insanely awesome short which also features the voice of a Mr. Anthony Starke or "Jimmy" for you SEINFELD aficionados. "Five pieces of fried chicken that transform into a giant fried chicken monster. Together, they protect the American public from dangerous foods produced by the evil Friendly Farms Corporation."
Bam! I hope you folks had as good a time with these shorts as I did. If not, hit back next week - it might be more your thing. Feel like more shorts? Hit up any of the links below to have your face rocked off with incredibly well done short films from all over the world:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 218 total posts 194 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 259 total posts 155 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 519 total posts 129 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 698 total posts 96 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 112 total posts 66 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 50 total posts 49 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 106 total posts 42 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 98 total posts 39 posts