This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: All Sorts of Genre Fun!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's installment of our very own AICN short film fiesta here in our online screening room: SATURDAY SHORTS. I hope you are all having a lovely Memorial Day Weekend so far and well, it's about to get a whole lot better with the addition of these shorts. Dig drama? Got it. Comedy? That too. Horror? Sure, why not? Rest assured, each of the films below was created and submitted by a fellow AICN reader and filmmaker, so you're in for a treat. Feel free to share your thoughts on the films in the Talk Backs below as hopefully the film's creators are still in teh audience and could possibly shed some light on any of your questions or ideas. So, you down? Ready to get your cinematic world rocked a bit by an explosion of talent in the form of a few short films? Cool, me too.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
To kick things off, we have a film from director Stevie Russell about killing a priest in Ireland. Quality on many, many levels.
(SciFi / Comedy)
From Miguel Rivas and the gang at Tony Ho, we have this lovely balance of cool and funny, a story of "an estranged father and son attempt to make amends, but time keeps on slipping by..."
SPARE THE BULLETS NOT HIS LIFE
Here's an oddity for SATURDAY SHORTS, the first episode of a webseries. Well, SPARE THE BULLETS NOT HIS LIFE is freaking awesome, so it's the exception. From Adolfo Kolmerer and the gang at Lopta Film seem to be serving up a decent serving of badass with this first episode. I want to see more, and fortunately I can at their Facebook page.
Here's a motivational and visually stunning film from Stephen Reedy. If you're curious of how the film came about, check out this video. Damn fine film here.
(Comedy / Horror)
And last, but certainly not least - we have twistedly delicious film from Aaron Michnowski. "A young mortician copes with his lack of social skills through fantasized interactions with bodies at the local morgue, but striking up a real relationship with a quirky girl shows him a way to enter back into the world of the living."
BAM! That's it for this weeks, folks. I'll see you fine people next week with some more fun flicks. Adios! But hey, check out some past SATURDAY SHORTS if you're still in the mood:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts