This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Whimsical Awesomeness!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with another exciting edition of SATURDAY SHORTS, the little corner of the internet that showcases amazing short films created by fellow AICN readers. This week we're shifting gears and showcasing what I consider to just be solid fun. Bright colors, humor, a taste of the old Saturday mornign cartoons. I am insanely excited about our line up this week, so I'll cut my chit chat to a minimum. Thanks to all who have sent in their shorts. I'm always on the prowl, so if you've got a shrt of your own, send it at me: Mike@aintitcool.com. Keep 'em coming!
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
From the folks over at The Continuum, we get another sexy short, this time a stop motion puppetfest of fun. Directed by Christopher Kezelos, we get an answer to the question "Why did the creature cross the road?" "A small critter is attracted to a light glowing on the other side of the road. What is the allure?" Go hit up the film's facebook page if you dig what you see.
TITANS OF NEWARK
Bam! From writer/director Mike Marino, we have 25 minutes of solid fantasy fun. "Up in the heavens of Mount Olympus, the classic gods of ancient lore sit on their thrones, debating over whether they still have the power that they used to over the human race. To prove his self-worth, the retired Zeus decides to choose one human at random to make bend to his whim. Down in present day New Jersey, unemployed loser Levi Katz is in the process of being thrown out of his home. He is given one last chance to fix things by getting a job interview as a local accountant, however what he doesn't realize is that between him and that interview stands a divine war that will push him to his very limits."
And up next is a lovely reminder to get outside (of course only after you've read every single article here on AICN... I kid... I kid...) Submitted to SS by Alex Haughey, let's see "A boy puts aside his video game to venture into the forest, where his imagination comes to life with fair maidens and courageous knights. When the dream becomes a nightmare, the boy confronts his greatest fear and comes to terms with what it means to be brave."
THE MAGIC BOX
To round out this week we have R. Paul Wilson's lovely tale "about magic, memories and nostalgia." I really dig this piece and think it's an amazing short to leave off with (even though it's not as "whimsical" as some of the others).
That's all for this week. Be sure to check back next week where I hope to have something a bit more horrific or scif. But hey, check out any of the links below to see all sorts of great shorts:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 453 total posts 172 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 324 total posts 78 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 251 total posts 31 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 213 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 587 total posts 21 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 128 total posts 13 posts