This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Whimsical Awesomeness!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with another exciting edition of SATURDAY SHORTS, the little corner of the internet that showcases amazing short films created by fellow AICN readers. This week we're shifting gears and showcasing what I consider to just be solid fun. Bright colors, humor, a taste of the old Saturday mornign cartoons. I am insanely excited about our line up this week, so I'll cut my chit chat to a minimum. Thanks to all who have sent in their shorts. I'm always on the prowl, so if you've got a shrt of your own, send it at me: Mike@aintitcool.com. Keep 'em coming!
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
From the folks over at The Continuum, we get another sexy short, this time a stop motion puppetfest of fun. Directed by Christopher Kezelos, we get an answer to the question "Why did the creature cross the road?" "A small critter is attracted to a light glowing on the other side of the road. What is the allure?" Go hit up the film's facebook page if you dig what you see.
TITANS OF NEWARK
Bam! From writer/director Mike Marino, we have 25 minutes of solid fantasy fun. "Up in the heavens of Mount Olympus, the classic gods of ancient lore sit on their thrones, debating over whether they still have the power that they used to over the human race. To prove his self-worth, the retired Zeus decides to choose one human at random to make bend to his whim. Down in present day New Jersey, unemployed loser Levi Katz is in the process of being thrown out of his home. He is given one last chance to fix things by getting a job interview as a local accountant, however what he doesn't realize is that between him and that interview stands a divine war that will push him to his very limits."
And up next is a lovely reminder to get outside (of course only after you've read every single article here on AICN... I kid... I kid...) Submitted to SS by Alex Haughey, let's see "A boy puts aside his video game to venture into the forest, where his imagination comes to life with fair maidens and courageous knights. When the dream becomes a nightmare, the boy confronts his greatest fear and comes to terms with what it means to be brave."
THE MAGIC BOX
To round out this week we have R. Paul Wilson's lovely tale "about magic, memories and nostalgia." I really dig this piece and think it's an amazing short to leave off with (even though it's not as "whimsical" as some of the others).
That's all for this week. Be sure to check back next week where I hope to have something a bit more horrific or scif. But hey, check out any of the links below to see all sorts of great shorts:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 156 total posts 25 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 91 total posts 19 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 74 total posts 15 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 44 total posts 9 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 19 total posts 7 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 129 total posts 7 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 72 total posts 6 posts