This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: A Laugh Fest of Comedic Gold!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, your pal Muldoon here with this week's selection of badass short films created and submitted by AICN readers like you and me. In the mood for a chuckle? Boosh! You picked the right week to hit SS up. I hear there's a little film fest called SXSW going on right now and I'm sure you will be innundated with posts all SXSW-centric across the world wide interweb, so here we are with a slight escape... are you like me and can't make it out to SXSW? Then good thing we've got our own film fest here, packed with funny films that cross a wide spectrum. Below are a handful of films that go from situational chuckles to fart jokes, so whatever your tastes in humor are - Muldoon's got you.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
YOUR DOG IS DEAD
Olivier Bonenfant kicks us off right with his 48 Hour created film that tells the story of "A man who seems in distress is on the roof of Trouville's casino in France. Two funny firemen are the first on the scene but Thierry, and his huge ego, is the negociator who will try to take control of the situation."
Up next we have Chris R. Wilson and Zach Persson's little bit of fun. "Throng, a Borat like look at the world of independent film auditions. When several jaded filmmakers tire of making films, they turn to the one part of the process they truly enjoy: auditioning people. But things soon get out of hand and their scheme crumbles before them!"
Here's Jason Power's cute little video. "[ZOMBIE BISCUITS is] just something that I created with my wife and kids just for giggles. It arose from a joke that my son and I had about preposterous horror film ideas."
Yes. Here we have a fun short from director Brian McGinn starring Dave Franco and Talia Tabin. "Dave Franco (21 Jump Street, Fright Night, Scrubs) and Talia Tabin (TV's Parks and Recreation) are childhood friends who find themselves in increasingly awkward and funny situations when their game of "Would You Rather" takes an unexpected twist--- the choices they make start coming true. For the first time ever, they can make anything come true, just by offering it as an option in the game. Will they use their power to make their fantasies become reality, or will the temptation to mess with each other be too much to resist? Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Kick-Ass) and Dave's mother, Betsy Franco co-star."
Max Azulay is back at it with this 8 minutes of awkward awesomeness. "When Jay shambles into an early morning meeting with his English professor, their conversation takes an unexpected turn."
POETRY BETWIXT FRIENDSHIP
This one... I just don't even know where to begin. It feels like a TIM AND ERIC batch of funny, which I dig. Fart jokes? Yep. This is definitely this week's loudest and most in your face film, so get into it. Have some fun, turn up your speakers, and let Bob Rose's mix of crazy enter your soul. "Kingsley, a man with a dark romantic history, and Stefan, a young boy with dreams of friendship, are forced into a scuffle over sentiments attached to a pastry. This movie, with a budget of $150, shot over the course of 1 month, is my personal homage to KIDS IN THE HALL, John Waters, Edgar Wright, Tim and Eric and Looney Toons." Be sure to hit up the director's cut also!
Boosh! I hope you folks had some fun with today's picks. I'll see you all next week. What's that? "Muldoon, I want more shorts!" It's cool, buddy, click on any of the below:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 675 total posts 52 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 404 total posts 38 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 36 total posts 19 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 210 total posts 19 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 359 total posts 12 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 308 total posts 9 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts