This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: A Laugh Fest of Comedic Gold!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, your pal Muldoon here with this week's selection of badass short films created and submitted by AICN readers like you and me. In the mood for a chuckle? Boosh! You picked the right week to hit SS up. I hear there's a little film fest called SXSW going on right now and I'm sure you will be innundated with posts all SXSW-centric across the world wide interweb, so here we are with a slight escape... are you like me and can't make it out to SXSW? Then good thing we've got our own film fest here, packed with funny films that cross a wide spectrum. Below are a handful of films that go from situational chuckles to fart jokes, so whatever your tastes in humor are - Muldoon's got you.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
YOUR DOG IS DEAD
Olivier Bonenfant kicks us off right with his 48 Hour created film that tells the story of "A man who seems in distress is on the roof of Trouville's casino in France. Two funny firemen are the first on the scene but Thierry, and his huge ego, is the negociator who will try to take control of the situation."
Up next we have Chris R. Wilson and Zach Persson's little bit of fun. "Throng, a Borat like look at the world of independent film auditions. When several jaded filmmakers tire of making films, they turn to the one part of the process they truly enjoy: auditioning people. But things soon get out of hand and their scheme crumbles before them!"
Here's Jason Power's cute little video. "[ZOMBIE BISCUITS is] just something that I created with my wife and kids just for giggles. It arose from a joke that my son and I had about preposterous horror film ideas."
Yes. Here we have a fun short from director Brian McGinn starring Dave Franco and Talia Tabin. "Dave Franco (21 Jump Street, Fright Night, Scrubs) and Talia Tabin (TV's Parks and Recreation) are childhood friends who find themselves in increasingly awkward and funny situations when their game of "Would You Rather" takes an unexpected twist--- the choices they make start coming true. For the first time ever, they can make anything come true, just by offering it as an option in the game. Will they use their power to make their fantasies become reality, or will the temptation to mess with each other be too much to resist? Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Kick-Ass) and Dave's mother, Betsy Franco co-star."
Max Azulay is back at it with this 8 minutes of awkward awesomeness. "When Jay shambles into an early morning meeting with his English professor, their conversation takes an unexpected turn."
POETRY BETWIXT FRIENDSHIP
This one... I just don't even know where to begin. It feels like a TIM AND ERIC batch of funny, which I dig. Fart jokes? Yep. This is definitely this week's loudest and most in your face film, so get into it. Have some fun, turn up your speakers, and let Bob Rose's mix of crazy enter your soul. "Kingsley, a man with a dark romantic history, and Stefan, a young boy with dreams of friendship, are forced into a scuffle over sentiments attached to a pastry. This movie, with a budget of $150, shot over the course of 1 month, is my personal homage to KIDS IN THE HALL, John Waters, Edgar Wright, Tim and Eric and Looney Toons." Be sure to hit up the director's cut also!
Boosh! I hope you folks had some fun with today's picks. I'll see you all next week. What's that? "Muldoon, I want more shorts!" It's cool, buddy, click on any of the below:
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 289 total posts 52 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 108 total posts 16 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 90 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for [REC]4: APOCALYPSE Has Arrived! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 223 total posts 7 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 135 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR talks with Thommy Hutson about Kickstarting his new book, the definitive A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET companion, NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! -- 95 total posts 3 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 177 total posts 3 posts
- SWEEPS DAY ONE!! Tammy 2 On The PARKS AND RECREATION Finale!! The Premieres Of BAD TEACHER And BLACK BOX!! New PORTLANDIA, ELEMENTARY, VIKINGS, BANG, HALF, MILLERS, CRAZY, KITCHEN, IDOL, JACK, GREY’S, VAMPIRE, REIGN, ANGER!! Sarah Hyland On LETTERMAN!! Gary Gulman On SETH!! SNL Digital Shorts!! Herc's Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 3 posts
- Here's A Trailer For AS ABOVE SO BELOW!! Freaky Madness In The Catacombs Of Paris!! -- 30 total posts 2 posts