This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Lobster Love, Robot Fights, and Batman Fan Films galore!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's exciting edition of SATURDAY SHORTS, your weekly screening room where we get to catch all sorts of fun films created and submitted by fellow AICN readers like you and me. I hope the title tipped you off as to what we're in for today, but I should have also included "Comedies that will smack the hell out of your funny bone." This week - just like practically ever other - is a mixed bag of awesome fun, with genre hopping at every click on the "play" button. I've had a damn fine week myself (my lovely lady got me an original JURASSIC PARK press kit for my birthday!) and once again am glad I get to share a little bit of it with fellow film freaks. I'm genuinely excited about this week's selection, so rather than jibber jabber on and on, let's just hop right into the main attraction - let's pull up those Saturday Shorts!
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
Let's get this party started - and like any good party - this one's got a bit of bestiality involved (*Well... not quite*). Ian Samuels brings us one of the most bizarre love stories I've seen in quite some time!
We all have memories of falling for someone at first glance, right? Right? Well, some of us do... Here's a little slice of life that reminds to keep your heart gaurded and well... just to keep yourself gaurded. Daud Sani has made a nice small film that while it runs a little longer than I'd have liked, it's worth the build up. Keep making cool stuff, Daud!
MAN VS. WOMAN
In the mood for a giant fight scene that involves robots and velociraptors? Hell yes you are. (Or should be, damn it!) Good thing we've got Juan C. Vargas to deliver.
Bam! Now we've got a comedy to tickle your funny bone. Thanks to Andrew Buck for shooting this one at me. "After keeping a baby that was delivered with their Netflix, four male house-mates attempt to maintain their single lifestyles, while raising the baby, and cash for paternity tests." (Prefer Vimeo? Click HERE).
And to wrap us up for the week, let's hop on a train to coolville (yes... I know that sentence is pure cheese, just stay with me). James Twyman's very much in love with a certain universe, so much so that he wanted to add his own spin on it - thus, this fun fan film was born. "A young man makes the long journey from England to America to start a new job. We meet him on the final leg of this journey where we get to find out who he is... and where he is going." It's important to Twyman to give the East Lancashire Railway a big loving shoutout, so if you're at all curious about the thing, then hit up their website!
And that's it for this week's selection! I'll catch you all next week with a fun assortment of interesting films I think you should check out.
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
BY THE WAY: If you've had a short featured here, that means that I personally am a fan of your work, so feel free to shoot me any kind of news on new projects/films/whatever. I can't say I'll be able to help or in what capacity, but I'm interested in your work and am always down to see more! (Keep making cool stuff, everyone!)
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts