This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Condensed Comedy and Terror!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, your pal Muldoon here with this week's special selection of shorts. I toyed with the idea of incorporating romance into this week as yesterday was Valentine's Day and all, but ultimately decided against that thinking you've probably been innundated with all of that jazz and need something to snap you back from the heart-shaped box of a holiday. What better way to do that than to watch some scary shorts, and then a few comedies while we're at it? We've got a variety of styles below from an assortment of unique talents, so if you're not vibing with one - it's cool, since you're likely to enjoy the next one. Ultimately if you're unhappy with all of the shorts I selected, then... well I can't help you there - maybe next week will be more your speed. On that note, let's put this little film fest of ours into gear and get going.
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
Fresh out the gates we've got a twisted tale from Ruwann Heggelman. "A short tale about some burglars and a fish."
GORILLA WARAFE: THE BOOTLEG EDITION
Up next, we've got a fun film from director Andreas Kyriacou that was shot in the little island of Cyprus in Europe. "A drummer for a grind-core band wakes up in an abandoned village after a concert gig. Soon he finds himself on the run from his psychotic bandmates." (Click here for the YouTube link)
STEVE FROM ACCOUNTING VS. THE SHADOW DWELLERS
Fun! "A cross between OFFICE SPACE and TEMPLE OF DOOM." Yep, I have to agree with that. What we've got here is an enjoyable short about a guy tossed into something a little over his head. Directors Paul Gibbs and Patrick Gibbs have really made something fun. I want to see more!
M IS FOR MIND MELD
One of my favorites from the "M IS FOR..." ABCs OF DEATH competion. Describing this film as trippy is quite the understatement. Director Brett Cameron Glassberg gives us "An experiment to test the bounds of the human capacity for violence and pain."
THE GODFATHER: A LOOK BACK
I promised you folks some comedy, right? Thankfully the cool cats over at UCB Comedy always seem to have just that, something funny and different. Adam Catino gives us a interesting take on cinema history. I think the sketch is a tad too long, but really think they pick a tone and stick to it. Keep shooting your shorts my way, UCB Comedy folks!
Boom! That's all I've got for you ladies and gentlemen today. I'll see you folks next week with a handful of fun films you might not see otherwise. Thanks for reading/watching and thanks for sending in your work! Keep making creative films!
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
BY THE WAY: If you've had a short featured here, that means that I personally am a fan of your work, so feel free to shoot me any kind of news on new projects/films/whatever. I can't say I'll be able to help or in what capacity, but I'm interested in your work and am always down to see more! (Keep making cool stuff, everyone!)
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 27 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 384 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post