Lizzy Caplan to work those improv comedy muscles with Seth Rogen and James Franco in THE INTERVIEW!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
About 6 months ago, we told you about Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's next directorial outing entitled THE INTERVIEW, which would star Rogen and James Franco as a talk-show producer and his host who get involved in shenanigans revolving around a high-profile political assassination. Now, Variety has broken the news that Lizzy Caplan is going to fill out the position of female lead on the upcoming comedy. No word yet on who her character might be, but I could totally see her playing a jaded showbiz type in her sleep.
Caplan's currently killing it (if the pilot is any evidence) as a liberated 1960's nightclub singer-cum-physician's assistant in Showtime's MASTERS OF SEX, and is probably still best known for her snarky, memorable roles in MEAN GIRLS and PARTY DOWN. She's played in the raunchy comedy sandbox before (successfully, I might add) in movies like HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, BACHLORETTE, and 3, 2, 1…FRANKIE GO BOOM, so she should fit right in with the two (three, if you count Goldberg) PINEAPPLE EXPRESS/THIS IS THE END alums.
But I'm biased. I'm a fan. To me, any Lizzy Caplan is better than no Lizzy Caplan. Looking forward to this one even more now.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 294 total posts 158 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 141 total posts 63 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 270 total posts 55 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 61 total posts 23 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 315 total posts 14 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts