Is Seth Rogen Bringing DC's
PREACHER Comic To AMC?
Writer-director-producer-actor Seth Rogen ("This Is The End") over the weekend began tweeting hints that he’s bringing Garth Ennis’ Vertigo title “Preacher” to the screen:
Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.
Arseface. John Wayne, The Saint of Killers.
Arseface. John Wayne and The Saint of Killers are all characters from the comic.
Badass Digest sources say AMC has already ordered a pilot for “Preacher.”
Ennis wrote a movie adaptation way back in 1998, but that version failed to find traction.
Mark Steven Johnson (“Daredevil”) was developing “Preacher” as an HBO series five years ago, but that project never got beyond the pilot stage.
"The new head of HBO felt it was just too dark and too violent and too controversial,” Johnson told the Continuum five years ago.
Dark projects “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire,” both boasting gore, nudity, violence and incest, are both working through their fourth seasons.
The next year, Sam Mendes (“Skyfall”) reportedly tried to turn it into a movie. That didn’t happen either.
For those unfamiliar, Preacher is a DC/Vertigo comic book series about a clergyman who becomes possessed by an angel-demon creature with God-like powers.
AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” the highest-rated scripted series on television, is also based on a comic book.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts