This Is Not A Good Time!!’
Hercules Loves Loves LOVES Nelson Van Alden’s Return To BOARDWALK EMPIRE!!
Boardwalk Empire 4.9 FAQ
What’s it called?
“Marriage and Hunting.”
Teleplay is credited to David Matthews & Jennifer Ames & Steve Turner.
What says HBO?
“Nucky (Steve Buscemi) refuses to back Chalky (Michael Kenneth Williams) in his conflict with Narcisse (Jeffrey Wright). Julia (Wrenn Schmidt) considers her options after Gillian (Gretchen Mol) makes her custody case in court. In Cicero, Van Alden (Michael Shannon) stands up to Capone (Stephen Graham) and comes clean to O’Banion (Arron Shiver). Rothstein (Michael Stuhlbarg) looks to trade an insurance benefit for a cash infusion.”
Van Alden stands up to Capone?? Is it just George Mueller version standing up, or is the real Van Alden back?
Capone this week glimpses Van Alden’s true face. And others glimpse more than that.
What’s doing with our favorite new character, FBI swine James Tolliver/Warren Knox?
Tolliver is wholly absent, but is a key component of the first scene of next week’s episode.
What’s Up With Nephew Willie?
He is fleetingly referenced but unseen.
Does Gillian get her grandson back because she’s kicked heroin?
Not this week.
Any reference to Eddie Kessler this week?
Any sign of Esther Randolph, George Remus, Gaston Bullock Means or Andrew Mellon?
Does Margaret abet Arnold this week?
Kelly Macdonald sits out tonight but returns next week.
Anything happening with Lansky and/or Luciano?
Not this week. Lots of Lansky next week.
Do we see the bottom half of Willie’s hot girlfriend?
We do not.
How does it start?
With Van Alden beneath a sink as a nearby child wails.
The big news?
This week’s Rothstein component is a lot more compelling than it sounds in the logline.
What else is HBO not telling us?
It’s a big episode for The Phantom Richard Harrow.
“Is that really a meaningful distinction?” “What’s wrong with Tarzan here?” “It is ceremonial as far as I know.” “So are you.” “I warned you to stop.” “Not half-a-million integral.” “I’m saying yes.” “Perhaps Mr. Purnsley can attend to it?” “It was the right hand of the Lord.” “I used to believe in God. But now I don’t believe in anything at all.” “Take off your nightgown.” Mrs. Mueller. Daughter Maitland’s new look. Michael Shannon as Nelson Van Alden.
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only three episodes left until 2014.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Sally Wheet cuddles a shotgun.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 210 total posts 81 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 297 total posts 44 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 490 total posts 36 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 43 total posts 15 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 68 total posts 14 posts