HANNA with a lightsaber!?! Saoirse Ronan has auditioned for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
This is a bit of an update on how the casting for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII is going. With production getting set to start in January on the most anticipated film project currently in development, casting rumors are at a fever pitch. Well we finally have some confirmation on at least one actor who is in consideration for a role, as Saoirse Ronan (ATONEMENT, HANNA, THE HOST) has confirmed that she auditioned. She was on the Empire Podcast where she said:
“Yeah, I did [audition for Star Wars Episode VII]… I don’t know whether I should have said that now! I mean, everyone did. Everyone has auditioned for it. So many people I know have gone in for the part I’ve gone in for, and guys who’ve gone in for a particular part, so I’d imagine J.J. is probably just scanning the earth to find the people that ne needs.”
She did confirm that she used a lightsaber in her audition though:
“But nobody has a clue what it’s about, and nobody’s read the script. So I’ve gone in and read for it, but I have to say, I think it’s the only time I’ve ever thought, ‘You know what? Even if I don’t get it, I had so much fun auditioning, pretending to take out a lightsaber – out of a bag, kind of inspect it and not know what it is. That was… that was great. A lightsaber! Star Wars!”
Here is a copy of the entire interview if you want to hear what she had to say for yourself:
I think this is excellent news and I hope Ronan has a great shot at landing a major role. She is one of the most talented young actresses we have and proved in HANNA that she can definitely kick ass. Out of all of the casting rumors so far this is the one I am most intrigued by. She could really bring a lot to the franchise. We should have some confirmations soon though as production is set to begin in the near future.
What do you guys think? Would Saoirse Ronan fit in well in the STAR WARS universe?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts