HANNA with a lightsaber!?! Saoirse Ronan has auditioned for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
This is a bit of an update on how the casting for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII is going. With production getting set to start in January on the most anticipated film project currently in development, casting rumors are at a fever pitch. Well we finally have some confirmation on at least one actor who is in consideration for a role, as Saoirse Ronan (ATONEMENT, HANNA, THE HOST) has confirmed that she auditioned. She was on the Empire Podcast where she said:
“Yeah, I did [audition for Star Wars Episode VII]… I don’t know whether I should have said that now! I mean, everyone did. Everyone has auditioned for it. So many people I know have gone in for the part I’ve gone in for, and guys who’ve gone in for a particular part, so I’d imagine J.J. is probably just scanning the earth to find the people that ne needs.”
She did confirm that she used a lightsaber in her audition though:
“But nobody has a clue what it’s about, and nobody’s read the script. So I’ve gone in and read for it, but I have to say, I think it’s the only time I’ve ever thought, ‘You know what? Even if I don’t get it, I had so much fun auditioning, pretending to take out a lightsaber – out of a bag, kind of inspect it and not know what it is. That was… that was great. A lightsaber! Star Wars!”
Here is a copy of the entire interview if you want to hear what she had to say for yourself:
I think this is excellent news and I hope Ronan has a great shot at landing a major role. She is one of the most talented young actresses we have and proved in HANNA that she can definitely kick ass. Out of all of the casting rumors so far this is the one I am most intrigued by. She could really bring a lot to the franchise. We should have some confirmations soon though as production is set to begin in the near future.
What do you guys think? Would Saoirse Ronan fit in well in the STAR WARS universe?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts