A new rumor has surfaced suggesting that Norman Reedus is the top choice for a major role in THE CROW remake!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
I get my pen name from the main character of the comic book, THE CROW. I became obsessed with the film adaptation after I saw it as a very young kid. Something with the character of Eric Draven and Brandon Lee’s performance just connected with me on a very personal level and made quite the impression. The subsequent sequels were an embarrassment to the original film and none of them were able to catch the spirit of James O’Barr’s comic or Alex Proyas’ original film.
So instead of another sequel, a remake has been in the works for a few years now. We know that F. Javier Gutiérrez is now attached to direct, Luke Evans is signed to play Eric Draven and the film will be sticking really close to O’Barr’s original comic.
We now have some new rumored details on the remake, thanks to Schmoes Know. Their source, The Phantom, has hit on a few recent scoops and now he/she has reported to the guys that Norman Reedus (THE BOONDOCK SAINTS; THE WALKING DEAD) is “the top choice” for a major role in the film. It isn’t known if he is a villain or hero but he seems like the perfect choice for T-Bird or even Funboy.
But that’s not all as they are also reporting that Bella herself, Kristen Stewart, was up for the role of Eric Draven’s ill-fated fiancée, Shelley. Ultimately the producers and studio decided against it because they “shied away from the idea after hearing that she wouldn’t attract an audience.” Just imagine Kristen Stewart in that role, I tried to but I have a really hard time picturing her as that pivotal character.
I really love the idea of Reedus being in this film and I can't say I am sad to see Stewart not get the part so these are both encouraging bits of news. I am still hesitant to get excited for this but so far the casting has been spot on and I love that O'Barr is involved. If you are going to try to remake THE CROW you have to have a good reason and it has to be different from the original because there is no way a straight remake would measure up.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 146 total posts 32 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 177 total posts 22 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 50 total posts 19 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 129 total posts 19 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 58 total posts 15 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 99 total posts 15 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 265 total posts 12 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 92 total posts 10 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 50 total posts 6 posts