A new rumor has surfaced suggesting that Norman Reedus is the top choice for a major role in THE CROW remake!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
I get my pen name from the main character of the comic book, THE CROW. I became obsessed with the film adaptation after I saw it as a very young kid. Something with the character of Eric Draven and Brandon Lee’s performance just connected with me on a very personal level and made quite the impression. The subsequent sequels were an embarrassment to the original film and none of them were able to catch the spirit of James O’Barr’s comic or Alex Proyas’ original film.
So instead of another sequel, a remake has been in the works for a few years now. We know that F. Javier Gutiérrez is now attached to direct, Luke Evans is signed to play Eric Draven and the film will be sticking really close to O’Barr’s original comic.
We now have some new rumored details on the remake, thanks to Schmoes Know. Their source, The Phantom, has hit on a few recent scoops and now he/she has reported to the guys that Norman Reedus (THE BOONDOCK SAINTS; THE WALKING DEAD) is “the top choice” for a major role in the film. It isn’t known if he is a villain or hero but he seems like the perfect choice for T-Bird or even Funboy.
But that’s not all as they are also reporting that Bella herself, Kristen Stewart, was up for the role of Eric Draven’s ill-fated fiancée, Shelley. Ultimately the producers and studio decided against it because they “shied away from the idea after hearing that she wouldn’t attract an audience.” Just imagine Kristen Stewart in that role, I tried to but I have a really hard time picturing her as that pivotal character.
I really love the idea of Reedus being in this film and I can't say I am sad to see Stewart not get the part so these are both encouraging bits of news. I am still hesitant to get excited for this but so far the casting has been spot on and I love that O'Barr is involved. If you are going to try to remake THE CROW you have to have a good reason and it has to be different from the original because there is no way a straight remake would measure up.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 234 total posts 101 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 104 total posts 97 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 100 total posts 56 posts
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 401 total posts 50 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 284 total posts 46 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 102 total posts 24 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts