A spin-off of THE CONJURING is being developed surrounding the creepy doll, ANNABELLE!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
We knew after THE CONJURING grossed $316 million on a $20 million production budget that there would be sequels. We even got some tips on what the sequel might feature in August. Now, it seems that Warner Bros. isn’t content with just making a sequel to the first film but a new report suggests they want a spin-off too.
Schmoes Know is reporting that a spin-off film, ANNABELLE surrounding the creepy doll in the first film is being developed for a spring 2014 shoot. The first film’s Director of Photography, John R. Leonetti is going to direct the film. No plot details or cast listing has been released yet. Here is some reading on the supposed true story surrounding the doll.
With as cheap as horror movies are to make, it makes a lot of sense to milk THE CONJURING for all its worth. The problem is that what made that doll so creepy is we didn’t know a lot about it. If they dedicate an entire film to it, that might take the mystery away. Plus, Wan already handled something similar in DEAD SILENCE.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 191 total posts 191 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 270 total posts 169 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 153 total posts 153 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 273 total posts 135 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 163 total posts 72 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 116 total posts 60 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts