Updated!! One JANE GOT A GUN Problem Resolved, Another Springs Up - Gavin O'Connor To Direct, But Jude Law Now Out, Too!!
The Kidd here...
As they say, time is money, so, in light of the recent developments that had Lynne Ramsay no-showing the first day of production of the Western JANE GOT A GUN, leaving the film directorless, you couldn't have expected producers to wait too long to land a replacement. Gavin O'Connor, who helmed the MMA-picture WARRIOR, has landed the gig, according to Deadline, and is expected to have the film back into production as soon as Thursday of this week. To lose one director on Monday, leaving your film stranded, and come away with someone quickly enough that things are on track once again by the end of the week is quite the impressive display of getting things done with urgency. Waiting any longer put the film in jeopardy of happening, as no director means no movie which means no more cast which means all that money poured into development is essentially pissed away... and that was never going to be an option
Sometimes it pays to just be at home doing nothing, and the fact that O'Connor just happened to be available at the moment is quite the break for JANE GOT A GUN.
* * * * * * * * * *
UPDATE: What a mess JANE GOT A GUN is quickly becoming. Seriously... it's like a game of Whac-A-Mole. One problem pops up and gets squashed, so another one springs up somewhere else. Fresh off the news that Gavin O'Connor is signing on to take the director's chair on the picture, Deadline now reports that Jude Law, who had signed onto the film a shade over a week ago to replace the departing Michael Fassbender, is out, formally withdrawing from the movie he only agreed to participate in because of his desire to work with Lynne Ramsay. Fassbender had left when delays pushed JANE into conflict with his X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST commitments, but this is a creative decision made by Law not to stay aboard with the film that most likely won't deviate too much from Ramsay's creative vision. After all, with the film slated to restart production on Thursday, there's not much wiggle room for O'Connor to change what Ramsay had already set in motion.
Who will they get to replace him now? Well, perhaps Joel Edgerton may slot back over into the villain role he had shifted from when Law got involved, and they'll cast for a new hero... or it's back to the drawing board for the film's bad guy.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 244 total posts 143 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 244 total posts 107 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 64 total posts 64 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 146 total posts 55 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 106 total posts 50 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 66 total posts 38 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 447 total posts 36 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 23 posts