Director Lynne Ramsay Drops JANE GOT A GUN On Opening Day Of Production!!
The Kidd here...
Filmmakers drop out of projects all the time, finding different material they'd like to work with or experiencing some type of creative conflict with those bankrolling a film that they leave rather than produce something that doesn't represent their vision... but that usually happens in advance of the film starting production, leaving ample time for a replacement to be found for the director's chair, not on day #1.
But that's the case with JANE GOT A GUN, the indie Western starring Natalie Portman as a woman who enlists the help of her ex-lover (Joel Edgerton) in defending her home and wounded husband from the leader of a gang (Jude Law) coming to finish the job. The first day of production came up on the schedule, after some recent cast shuffling, and the director Lynne Ramsay was nowhere to be found.
Deadline reports that the WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN filmmaker is out, leaving producers Portman, Scott Steindorff, Edgerton, Law and Rodrigo Santoro scrambling to find another director to take on the film rather quickly with the film ready to go before cameras... well, literally yesterday. As for who their options are at this point, it's anyone's guess. I guess if you're sitting at home on the couch not shooting anything over the next few weeks, you might want to sit next to your phone, as you may be receiving an emergency phone call. As for Ramsay, let's just say her career may be facing some serious trouble moving ahead, as it's hard to imagine there won't be many who aren't gun shy about working with her moving forward when they have this incident in the back of their mind, regardless of her reasons.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 240 total posts 12 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 259 total posts 12 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 195 total posts 10 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 59 total posts 6 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 12 total posts 3 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 236 total posts 3 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 30 total posts 3 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 278 total posts 3 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 11 total posts 2 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 214 total posts 2 posts