A Bit Of Musical Casting Chairs On JANE GOT A GUN!!
The Kidd here...
Quite a bit of cast shifting went down yesterday for Lynne Ramsay's JANE GOT A GUN, the Natalie Portman-fronted Western whose production has been pushed back a few times. Well, this most recent delay just cost them Michael Fassbender, with The Hollywood Reporter reporting that Fassbender's X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST commitments became a problem recently, and those conflicts forced him to pull out of the film.
That's a small sliver of bad news, but it's going to be okay with the news that Jude Law will be stepping into his vacancy... well, sort of. That's where the game of musical chairs begins. Okay, follow me now...
Fassbender had been set to play the male lead, an ex-lover of Portman's who is called upon to help her defend her home against her husband's recent gang who had left him for dead and has now tracked down his whereabouts to finish the job. That ex will now be played by Joel Edgerton, who had previously been lined up to play the film's villain, the leader of that gang out for Portman's husband's blood. Jude Law will now step in to take on that bad guy role.
Lose a Fassbender, gain a Law... sounds like breaking even to me, as JANE GOT A GUN heads in front of cameras in a few weeks.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 115 total posts 90 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 100 total posts 56 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 168 total posts 25 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 174 total posts 17 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 62 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 207 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 4 posts