Are Martian Manhunter and Max Lord popping up in JUSTICE LEAGUE?!
In the breakdown of Warner/DC's upcoming slate we got yesterday, we learned that they're fasttracking a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie for 2017, only a year after BATMAN V. SUPERMAN. Aside from Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg, we've been led to expect that Green Lantern, The Flash, and Aquaman will fill out the JLA roster of Snyder's third DC flick.
No Martian Manhunter in JUSTICE LEAGUE? Not according to this agency grid, which lists DARKSEID as the villain... pic.twitter.com/lLwFwkXLkv— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) June 12, 2014
According to this snippet of a casting call, Snyder and company are looking for actors to play J'onn J'onnz a.k.a. Martian Manhunter and Maxwell Lord IV. For the uninitiated, Manhunter is a longtime mainstay of the JLA, and Lord played a crucial part in the formation of the team before becoming a cyborg and, later, a superhero-murdering villain.
Manhunter is a challenging character to pull off, and I'm sure that whatever script is currently on Warner's table is far from set-in-stone, so it's possible neither J'onnz or Lord will end up showing up in the already-cluttered JL movie. But if this ends up coming to fruition, we're going to see a massive green Martian fighting for humanity alongside Supes, Bats, and WW in a massive big-budget tentpole three years from now. So, fingers crossed!
Do you need Manhunter and Lord in the first JL movie, or is it sounding like this universe is getting a little too crowded too quickly?
We can apparently expect JUSTICE LEAGUE in May 2017.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 272 total posts 207 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 131 total posts 70 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 421 total posts 65 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 275 total posts 46 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 53 total posts 32 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 203 total posts 20 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts