Monty Python and Simon Pegg are free to do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING with Kate Beckinsale!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
That Simon Pegg/Monty Python comedy ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING just got a dose of big-name sexiness. Deadline first ran the story that Kate Beckinsale has signed on to play the female lead (and Pegg's love interest) in Terry Jones' upcoming live-action/CGI mish-mash. Eddie Izzard and Joanna Lumley have also joined the increasingly-prolific lineup that Jones has hired to pad out his pseudo-reunion for the surviving members of Monty Python.
The Pythons will be voicing aliens that decide to bestow unlimited power upon one human as a sort of sick, MONSTERS ARE DUE ON MAPLE STREET test for humanity. Their specimen: a downtrodden schoolteacher played by Simon Pegg. Beckinsale will play the object of Pegg's desire, while his talking dog will be voiced by Robin Williams (who is also expected to pop up in a live-action role as well).
Jones hasn't directed a live-action feature film in almost 20 years (the last being 1996's MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE, which also featured four Pythoners), but I can't help but feel joyous excitement in regards to this project. Pegg (who replaced Benedict Cumberbatch) and Beckinsale should all-but-assure the project's relevance in pop culture (as well as a wide U.S. release), while the comedy legends that permeate the film will bolster awareness with older (or more savvy) audiences.
And let's not judge Beckinsale's comedy skills based on CLICK and EVERYBODY's FINE; with the pedigree of this production, if there's any funny in those legendarily-contoured bones, I'm sure these guys will be able to coax it out of her.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 284 total posts 56 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 233 total posts 48 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 91 total posts 38 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 281 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 34 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts