Some details about the production schedule for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Oh, STAR WARS: EPISODE VII. Whenever we try and pin down what you are, who's gonna be in you, or when you're gonna come out, our information scurries back into a hole in the wall like we're Tom and it's Jerry. Today, our old buddy Drew McWeeny over at Hitfix has confirmed that EPISODE VII will start shooting at Pinewood around mid-May (somewhere in the vicinity of the original film's 37-year anniversary) and will wrap up sometime in September. That gives JJ around 16 months after shooting ends to finalize the extensive, daunting post-production process that will, no doubt, fill in the majority of the corners for this new vision of STAR WARS.
Drew's report also claims that principal casting is pretty much all set, meaning that pretty soon, we should be hearing which one(s), if any, of these casting rumors turn out to be true. They've done a phenomenal job of keeping that news in-house as of yet, both through disinformation and just plain secrecy; if they can maintain that infamous J.J. info lockdown until opening day (or, at least, until the film starts screening for people), we should be guaranteed some surprises that, hopefully, won't have the same adverse reaction that that whole Khan business inspired.
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will bring Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewie, C-3PO, R2D2, and maybe even Wedge Antilles back to us on December 18th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 195 total posts 195 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 353 total posts 126 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 283 total posts 99 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 115 total posts 62 posts
- Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- New Clips From STAR WARS REBELS Bring Lightsabers And Stormtroopers!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts