Some details about the production schedule for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Oh, STAR WARS: EPISODE VII. Whenever we try and pin down what you are, who's gonna be in you, or when you're gonna come out, our information scurries back into a hole in the wall like we're Tom and it's Jerry. Today, our old buddy Drew McWeeny over at Hitfix has confirmed that EPISODE VII will start shooting at Pinewood around mid-May (somewhere in the vicinity of the original film's 37-year anniversary) and will wrap up sometime in September. That gives JJ around 16 months after shooting ends to finalize the extensive, daunting post-production process that will, no doubt, fill in the majority of the corners for this new vision of STAR WARS.
Drew's report also claims that principal casting is pretty much all set, meaning that pretty soon, we should be hearing which one(s), if any, of these casting rumors turn out to be true. They've done a phenomenal job of keeping that news in-house as of yet, both through disinformation and just plain secrecy; if they can maintain that infamous J.J. info lockdown until opening day (or, at least, until the film starts screening for people), we should be guaranteed some surprises that, hopefully, won't have the same adverse reaction that that whole Khan business inspired.
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will bring Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewie, C-3PO, R2D2, and maybe even Wedge Antilles back to us on December 18th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 151 total posts 9 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 11 total posts 9 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 3 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 28 total posts 2 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 534 total posts 2 posts
- ‘This Is Exactly What Everybody Said Was Going To Happen!!’ Promo For Oprah’s LINDSAY!! -- 15 total posts 1 post
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 178 total posts 1 post
- THE RAID Redux Sets Its Director!! + A Few More Details... -- 121 total posts 1 post