Will JUSTICE LEAGUE Be Made Back-To-Back With BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?
I'm starting to feel bad for DC Entertainment. Marvel keeps dropping casting bombshells and exciting announcements, and DC can do nothing except follow in Marvel's massive wake. But, you know, I really loved MAN OF STEEL, free-for-all citywide destruction and all. I'm still rooting for them to succeed. There's room for all in this franchise-stuffed entertainment world, and if these stories are told right, with DC's own unique voice, I can - gasp - see both DC's and Marvel's movies and enjoy both. Mindblowing, I know.
That said, Marvel's got it all over DC in regards to how they're treating their fans at the moment, with real casting news and a genuine feeling of excitement that I'm just not feeling as much from BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN these days. But things can change on a dime, and if WB pulls this off, we'll all be happy.
Latino-Review is reporting that BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN is just the beginning - according to their source, all the cameos and rumors about characters showing up fit right into JUSTICE LEAGUE, which will shoot right after BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN. They are also very interested in Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in playing a crucial role, although what role that could be is unknown at the moment. I remember a few years back when Moriarty put an idea in the Rock's head to play Shazam, and I still hope that happens. Shazam is one of the least cynical characters in the DC universe, and Johnson has the acting skills to pull off the gee-whiz nature of Billy Batson's alter-ego. Yes, I know it's been debunked, but hey, I still have hopes.
Latino Review also reports that, according to their source, SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN will end on a fierce cliffhanger that leads right into JUSTICE LEAGUE. Plot details, of course, are non-existent, but with all the cameos and characters popping into BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, there will probably be no opportunity wasted if DC can help it.
My advice? DC should play to their strengths. Make something as far-out and as cosmic as possible. Embrace the universe-expanding nature of their comics and put it all in there. Darkseid, Brainiac, hell, even throw in the Joker if you want. The chalkboard's been erased, and the best thing for Zack Snyder, David Goyer, and Christopher Nolan to do is to just play. My two cents.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 164 total posts 115 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 247 total posts 87 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 224 total posts 65 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 154 total posts 35 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 176 total posts 28 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 262 total posts 19 posts
- AICN debuts the official poster for the stoner, doomsday, psychotic freak out film DON PEYOTE, starring, written and directed by Don Fogler!!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 72 total posts 17 posts