Will JUSTICE LEAGUE Be Made Back-To-Back With BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?
I'm starting to feel bad for DC Entertainment. Marvel keeps dropping casting bombshells and exciting announcements, and DC can do nothing except follow in Marvel's massive wake. But, you know, I really loved MAN OF STEEL, free-for-all citywide destruction and all. I'm still rooting for them to succeed. There's room for all in this franchise-stuffed entertainment world, and if these stories are told right, with DC's own unique voice, I can - gasp - see both DC's and Marvel's movies and enjoy both. Mindblowing, I know.
That said, Marvel's got it all over DC in regards to how they're treating their fans at the moment, with real casting news and a genuine feeling of excitement that I'm just not feeling as much from BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN these days. But things can change on a dime, and if WB pulls this off, we'll all be happy.
Latino-Review is reporting that BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN is just the beginning - according to their source, all the cameos and rumors about characters showing up fit right into JUSTICE LEAGUE, which will shoot right after BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN. They are also very interested in Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in playing a crucial role, although what role that could be is unknown at the moment. I remember a few years back when Moriarty put an idea in the Rock's head to play Shazam, and I still hope that happens. Shazam is one of the least cynical characters in the DC universe, and Johnson has the acting skills to pull off the gee-whiz nature of Billy Batson's alter-ego. Yes, I know it's been debunked, but hey, I still have hopes.
Latino Review also reports that, according to their source, SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN will end on a fierce cliffhanger that leads right into JUSTICE LEAGUE. Plot details, of course, are non-existent, but with all the cameos and characters popping into BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, there will probably be no opportunity wasted if DC can help it.
My advice? DC should play to their strengths. Make something as far-out and as cosmic as possible. Embrace the universe-expanding nature of their comics and put it all in there. Darkseid, Brainiac, hell, even throw in the Joker if you want. The chalkboard's been erased, and the best thing for Zack Snyder, David Goyer, and Christopher Nolan to do is to just play. My two cents.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 326 total posts 97 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 259 total posts 73 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 318 total posts 71 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 106 total posts 53 posts
- New Clips From STAR WARS REBELS Bring Lightsabers And Stormtroopers!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 291 total posts 16 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 248 total posts 15 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts