Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz, and Milla Jovovich as THE EXPENDABELLES?!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We'd known about the plans for a "female EXPENDABLES" for a while now, and even figured that Milla Jovovich would probably one of the first stars that'd get signed to the roster. Well, following their habit of first revealing stuff to the Bulgarian press, Avi Lerner and his Millenium Films revealed to that nation's Standart (cute name) that he's currently in talks with Jovovich, Meryl Streep, and Cameron Diaz for the project now called THE EXPENDABELLES. According to Deadline, Lerner is on the lookout for a female action director (we're all thinking the same "Big" name, right? hint, hint?), and has a script by, um, the writers of 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU, LEGALLY BLONDE, and THE UGLY TRUTH. Not to be sexist, or anything, but I wouldn't mind getting Shane Black or someone getting a pass at this...or any female writers out there who are more versed with the badass side of femininity than they are with ditziness and dating politics.
We've seen Jovovich and Diaz kick-ass onscreen before, and Streep would make an A+ handler/ex-Belle character, especially if they let her really cuss up a storm and go at it. No word on whether Gina Carano, who's been linked to the project for a year, is still onboard, but I'm really hoping they get her because a. she's just as physically attractive as her co-stars (if not more so) and b. she's the only one that can really lay down the Van Dammage when she needs to.
Who else would you guys want to see join this new franchise? Angelina Jolie? Michelle Rodriguez? Michelle Yeoh? Linda Hamilton? Cynthia Rothrock? Sybil Danning? Chloe Moretz as the Liam Hemsworth-y new blood?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts