See Christian Bale, Bradely Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jeremy Renner all '70s-ed out in the full trailer for AMERICAN HUSTLE!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We have a new trailer, via Yahoo, for David O. Russell's AMERICAN HUSTLE, and it's decidedly different in tone than the last one we saw. If what I've been hearing is true, the film is strongly reminiscent of both GOODFELLAS and BOOGIE NIGHTS, and that first teaser was very much like the latter, while this new one feels more like the former. We get a good sense of the various characters, their relationships, and what their motivations are in the narrative. What we don't get is the fast-paced, paranoid intensity that the test-screening review we posted highlighted. The trailer also doesn't do a great job of conveying the actual plot of the movie, which is apparently about Bradley Cooper's FBI agent getting con-men Christian Bale and Amy Adams to catch some crooked money-men with their hands in the proverbial cookie jar. That being said, the performances look dynamite (I can't wait to see more of Jennifer Lawrence's character) and the '70s setting, from the soundtrack to the costumes to Bradley Cooper's wonderfully permed-out hair, seems to be almost a character in and of itself.
Did you catch the glimpses we get of some of the big names in the supporting cast? Man, Russell lined up a serious roster for this one. Can't wait.
AMERICAN HUSTLE starts grifting on December 13th in limited release, and then in theaters nationwide on Christmas Day.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts