Gerard Butler in Talks to Join GODS OF EGYPT!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Casting is moving forward on Alex Proyas' new film GODS OF EGYPT, which looks to be a CLASH OF THE TITANS-style epic set against the myths of ancient Egypt. Deadline reports that Bold Leonidas (also known as Gerard Butler) in talks to join the project. After a series of rom-coms and some voice work, Butler got back into the action game earlier this year with OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, and looks to be continuing that streak with this new film.
Butler is reportedly in talks to play Set, the Egyptian god of the desert and storms. In Egyptian mythology, Set murdered his brother, the god Osiris. GAME OF THRONES star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has already been cast as Horus, son of Osiris, who seeks revenge after Set kills his father.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 267 total posts 134 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 130 total posts 123 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 316 total posts 78 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 419 total posts 68 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- The Actor Who Played YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES To Play And Not Play Sherlock Holmes In A Movie About Old Sherlock Holmes!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts