GAME OF THRONES Actor To Star As Egyptian God Horus For Alex Proyas?? Sounds Like!!
Alex Proyas is one of those directors who takes a few years to regroup between projects, and his work invariably results in product which is interesting at the very least.
His last big screen undertaking was KNOWING back in 2009, a strange mix of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and (INSERT ROLAND EMMERICH MOVIE HERE) which managed some atmospheric, visually arresting, and disturbing moments despite its overall unevenness. Before that, his previous high-profile project was the 2004 adaptation of I, ROBOT - a picture over which the filmmaker famously (and appropriately) slammed Fox. Proyas is perhaps best remembered as the mastermind of DARK CITY back in 1998. I recently saw the Director's Cut of the film for the first time, and was hugely impressed by its style and ambiance. I don't recall the theatrical edit terribly well, but the DC seemed to improve the film's flow and clarity - I was quite taken by the whole.
Proyas is now back in the mainstream with GODS OF EGYPT - a title I hope changes, as it smacks of being an IMAX documentary of some sort...which it decidedly is not. THIS piece over at The Wrap says Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Jaime Lannister in HBO's GAME OF THRONES...
...is now in talks to take a lead in the film.
"Gods of Egypt" is set in ancient Egypt against the legendary world of great pyramids and sphinxes. Coster-Waldau would play Horus, the god of the sky, who teams up with a human thief and Hathor, the goddess of love, on a magical quest to avenge the death of his father, Osiris.
Coster-Waldau also appeared in the Guillermo del Toro-Executive Produced MAMA earlier this year, as well as Joseph Kosinski's rather stunning OBLIVION. GODS OF EGYPT...could feasibly be spectacular and interesting...title not withstanding. I'm eager to lar more about it.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 54 total posts 32 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 146 total posts 26 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 46 total posts 20 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 338 total posts 19 posts
- Atom Egoyan's West Memphis Three Drama DEVIL'S KNOT Gets A Suitably Dramatic Trailer! -- 31 total posts 17 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 309 total posts 15 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
-- 38 total posts 11 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 98 total posts 11 posts