GAME OF THRONES Actor To Star As Egyptian God Horus For Alex Proyas?? Sounds Like!!
Alex Proyas is one of those directors who takes a few years to regroup between projects, and his work invariably results in product which is interesting at the very least.
His last big screen undertaking was KNOWING back in 2009, a strange mix of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and (INSERT ROLAND EMMERICH MOVIE HERE) which managed some atmospheric, visually arresting, and disturbing moments despite its overall unevenness. Before that, his previous high-profile project was the 2004 adaptation of I, ROBOT - a picture over which the filmmaker famously (and appropriately) slammed Fox. Proyas is perhaps best remembered as the mastermind of DARK CITY back in 1998. I recently saw the Director's Cut of the film for the first time, and was hugely impressed by its style and ambiance. I don't recall the theatrical edit terribly well, but the DC seemed to improve the film's flow and clarity - I was quite taken by the whole.
Proyas is now back in the mainstream with GODS OF EGYPT - a title I hope changes, as it smacks of being an IMAX documentary of some sort...which it decidedly is not. THIS piece over at The Wrap says Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Jaime Lannister in HBO's GAME OF THRONES...
...is now in talks to take a lead in the film.
"Gods of Egypt" is set in ancient Egypt against the legendary world of great pyramids and sphinxes. Coster-Waldau would play Horus, the god of the sky, who teams up with a human thief and Hathor, the goddess of love, on a magical quest to avenge the death of his father, Osiris.
Coster-Waldau also appeared in the Guillermo del Toro-Executive Produced MAMA earlier this year, as well as Joseph Kosinski's rather stunning OBLIVION. GODS OF EGYPT...could feasibly be spectacular and interesting...title not withstanding. I'm eager to lar more about it.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 331 total posts 173 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 107 total posts 58 posts