HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 has a director, and it's THAT'S MY BOY's Sean Anders!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
We've known for almost a month that HORRIBLE BOSSES director Seth Gordon was NOT coming back for a second go-around with the film's three central working stiffs. Now, we got news from Hollywood Reporter that New Line has found their new director in SEX DRIVE and THAT'S MY BOY helmer Sean Anders. Anders will also co-write the film with partner John Morris (the pair's work includes SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE, HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, and the current draft of DUMB AND DUMBER TO), re-writing the script by original scribes John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein. For returning players, we got Charlie Day, the Jasons Bateman and Sudeikis, and Jamie Foxx all lined up to return; no word yet on who the bosses will be, or even whether Kevin Spacey or Jennifer Aniston will be making appearances (sadly, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Colin Farrell or his combover this time around).
I was watching the first film on TV last night, and I was struck with how loose and chemistry-based the humor is for a studio comedy with such a high-concept premise. Obviously, it reeks of HANGOVER wannabe-ism, but the three leads had a relaxed, funny interplay that is elevated by the three scenery-chewing boss performances. I'm not dying to see these three funny, handsome white dudes running around and suffering logic lapses again (and, apparently, neither does Seth Gordon), but if they can top the "A-listers run wild" kicker of the last one, I'll probably check this out when it eventually comes to theaters. And they got Foxx to come back as Dean "Motherfucker" Jones ("I can't walk around this fuckin' neigborhood with that Disney-ass name!"), which is definitely a good thing.
Re: Anders previous work, it's nothing to get too excited about, but he doesn't have a tin ear for comedy or anything. Considering how my favorite moments in THAT'S MY BOY all belong to Will Forte, I hope that Anders finds a role in there for him somewhere.
HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 will probably have to start shooting soon if they wanna meet the original's mid-summer release date next year. If not, I could see it as a Fall/Winter '14 release.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 292 total posts 36 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 71 total posts 25 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 45 total posts 17 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 142 total posts 16 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 151 total posts 15 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 161 total posts 14 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 207 total posts 14 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 302 total posts 13 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 108 total posts 13 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 8 posts