AICN HORROR NEWS - IF IT BLEEDS…IT LEADS: First Shot of Biehn from HIDDEN IN THE WOODS Remake! CASSADAGA Pics! WE ARE WHAT WE ARE Trailer! Clips from BUTCHER BOYS and THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO’S POND! GRIMMFEST 2013 Lineup Announced! Plus Save the Drive In Contest and Video!!!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here. Here’s this week’s dose of horror news bits—bite size like you zombies like it! And don’t forget that you can still win tickets to see SATURDAY MORNING MYSTERY this Friday night at Midnight in Chicago at The Music Box. Just click here for all of the details!
First Shot of Michael Biehn from HIDDEN IN THE WOODS Remake!I got this first shot of Michael Biehn from director Patricio Valladares, who directed the original HIDDEN IN THE WOODS (soon to be released on DVD) and is directing the Biehn Produced remake of the same name. The original was brutal as all get out and I’m looking forward to seeing what new depths this remake can go to with Biehn as the lead. Here’s the pic of Biehn giving us all the stink eye!
New Creepy Pics from CASSADAGA!I’ve been hearing about CASSADAGA for quite a while now and it looks like we’ll finally be able to check it out soon when the film, directed by Anthony DiBlasi, is coming to theaters and hits Video On Demand on October 11, 2013.
The film stars Kevin Alejandro, Kelen Coleman, Louise Fletcher, Rus Blackwell, Hank Stone, J LaRose, Amy LoCicero and it’s described as follows;
A deaf girl attempts to contact her late sister's spirit during a séance but instead contacts the vengeful ghost of a murdered woman.
Here’s the trailer for the film.
A Freshly Cut Clip from Kim Henkel’s BUTCHER BOYS!I’ll be interviewing writer/producer Kim Henkel (TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE) and directors Duane Graves and Justin Meeks (who directed one of my favorite films in the last ten years THE WILDMAN OF THE NAVIDAD) abut their new film BUTCHER BOYS which feels a hell of a lot like another chapter of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (which is a good thing). The film has appearances by TCM alum Edwin Neal, Marilyn Burns, John Dugan, Ed Guinn, and Bill Johnson and stars Ali Faulkner, Johnny Walters, Derek Lee Nixon, Tory Tompkins, Gregory Kelly. It’s described as; a gut-wrenching, non-stop roller coaster ride through the hellish underbelly of inner-city America. A birthday celebration at an upscale restaurant sets in motion events that bring a group of friends face to face with the macabre world of cannibals, the Butcher Boys. The ButcherBoys are international predators who deal in human ¬flesh - dead or alive.
The film opens theatrically on September 6th! Here’s the exclusive clip!
And here’s the trailer for the film!
First Trailer for WE ARE WHAT WE ARE Remake Is Here!Those of you who saw and loved the original WE ARE WHAT WE ARE (I was one of them) will be very interested in seeing how the English version of this Mexican film stands up. It definitely seems to be well made and this trailer looks like it might be one of those rare instances where the remake is as good as the original. You be the judge.
Two Clips From THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO’S POND!The clips just keep on coming as THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO’S POND makes its way to DVD on September 10th. The film is directed by Gabriel Bologna and stars scream queen Danielle Harris (Halloween 4 & 5, The Victim, Hatchet II and III), genre favorite Robert Patrick (Terminator 2, Walk the Line, Jayne Mansfield’s Car) and James Duval (Donnie Darko, Independence Day, Gone in Sixty Seconds). Here’s the official synopsis; nine friends take a holiday at a Victorian home on a private island off the coast of Maine. There, they uncover a game first discovered as part of an archaeological expedition from over 80 years ago that resulted in a series of mysterious – and grisly – deaths. What they don’t realize is that when played, the ancient artifact brings out the worst in each of them. Jealousy, greed, hatred, lust, all of the things they keep buried deep inside themselves rise to the surface and come to a boil. A warning to all those who start the game: it just might finish you!
Check out these two select clips of the film!
Manchester UK’s GRIMMFEST 2013 Lineup Announced!I love the fall. Mostly because it’s horror film festival season. If you’re in the Manchester UK area, GRIMMFEST is always a good place for international horror. This year, it’s going to show films like JUG FACE, HOUSE WITH 100 EYES, HOME SWEET HOME, HANSEL & GRETEL GET BAKED, the newly remastered THE WICKER MAN, KISS OF THE DAMNED, and the amazing BIG BAD WOLVES. A ton of the films showing are going to be showing up on my best of the year list in October, so be sure to check this fest out as it runs through October 2-5th! Find out the full movie lineup here!
Save the Midway Drive In!I leave you this week with a video made by the folks who put together Chicago’s Flashback Weekend. Having only experienced a few films at the drive in, I can’t speak to the experience much. But I can appreciate that there’re a lot of folks who feel something communal and awesome about seeing a horror film in the safety of your car with a group of others in the dark--metal box speaker propped in the window, popcorn stand filling the night air with smells, and seeing a pair of woman’s legs propped up in the air of a bouncing Cadillac that brings a soulful tear to my eye.
This video below features Robert Englund, George A. Romero, and Lance Henriksen reminiscing about Drive-In Theaters. This video is timely, as 2013 is the 80th anniversary of Drive-In theaters. Drive-Ins are vital to the history of the Horror genre, as they were once the primary theatrical outlet for Horror films, and helped to build the careers of legendary directors including George A. Romero, Wes Craven, and Tobe Hooper.
Visit Project Drive In which is working to preserve the Midway Drive in and keep the drive in experience alive and is running a contest allowing you to help out the cause! But I’ll let George, Robert, and Lance explain it all to you…
Find more AICN HORROR including an archive of previous columns on AICN HORROR’s Facebook page!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 190 total posts 34 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 219 total posts 26 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 67 total posts 26 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 36 total posts 25 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 68 total posts 22 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 15 total posts 14 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 26 total posts 12 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts