Aaron Paul, John Turturro, Sir Ben Kingsley, and Sigourney Weaver to walk like Egyptians in Ridley Scott's EXODUS!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Through Variety, Deadline, and The Hollywood Reporter, news has surfaced about some casting news regarding Ridley Scott's Moses epic, EXODUS. Sigourney Weaver, John Turturro, Sir Ben Kingsley, and BREAKING BAD favorite Aaron Paul have all signed onto the massive drama that Scott's prepping for a shoot starting this September. Weaver and Turturro will be playing the parents of Joel Edgerton's Ramses, Kingsley will play a Hebrew scholar that presumably enlightens Moses on his journey, and Paul will play a slave that gets involved in Moses' rebellion against his adopted brother.
This is clearly awesome news for the upcoming Fox feature, which currently has a script by Steve Zailian. I mean, we all know Christian Bale and Edgerton are going to rock as Moses and Ramses, and backing them up with pros like Weaver, Turturro, and Kingsley is already getting me so pumped, I don't even care that in 2013, we still got white people playing Egyptians.
But Aaron Paul's the real catch here. Don't we all want Jesse, I mean, Aaron Paul to do okay? Well this flick's gonna bump up his feature-film cred in a big way, and acting alongside these huge names will force him to bring his A-game to the big screen (as opposed to TV, where he's flexed it on the reg on BAD). Now that BREAKING BAD's wrapping up, I feel that we'll be seeing the actor in more and more movie projects, considering how popular and memorable his work as Jesse Pinkman was/is. And that is a good thing. Dare-I-say, "yeah, bitch!"-worthy.
EXODUS is gearing up for a September shoot, and should be out in theaters by awards season (Winter) 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 147 total posts 17 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 40 total posts 11 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 19 total posts 11 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 78 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 17 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 398 total posts 6 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts