Aaron Paul, John Turturro, Sir Ben Kingsley, and Sigourney Weaver to walk like Egyptians in Ridley Scott's EXODUS!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Through Variety, Deadline, and The Hollywood Reporter, news has surfaced about some casting news regarding Ridley Scott's Moses epic, EXODUS. Sigourney Weaver, John Turturro, Sir Ben Kingsley, and BREAKING BAD favorite Aaron Paul have all signed onto the massive drama that Scott's prepping for a shoot starting this September. Weaver and Turturro will be playing the parents of Joel Edgerton's Ramses, Kingsley will play a Hebrew scholar that presumably enlightens Moses on his journey, and Paul will play a slave that gets involved in Moses' rebellion against his adopted brother.
This is clearly awesome news for the upcoming Fox feature, which currently has a script by Steve Zailian. I mean, we all know Christian Bale and Edgerton are going to rock as Moses and Ramses, and backing them up with pros like Weaver, Turturro, and Kingsley is already getting me so pumped, I don't even care that in 2013, we still got white people playing Egyptians.
But Aaron Paul's the real catch here. Don't we all want Jesse, I mean, Aaron Paul to do okay? Well this flick's gonna bump up his feature-film cred in a big way, and acting alongside these huge names will force him to bring his A-game to the big screen (as opposed to TV, where he's flexed it on the reg on BAD). Now that BREAKING BAD's wrapping up, I feel that we'll be seeing the actor in more and more movie projects, considering how popular and memorable his work as Jesse Pinkman was/is. And that is a good thing. Dare-I-say, "yeah, bitch!"-worthy.
EXODUS is gearing up for a September shoot, and should be out in theaters by awards season (Winter) 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 218 total posts 117 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 204 total posts 67 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 132 total posts 41 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 92 total posts 36 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 440 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 49 total posts 21 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 15 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts