Joel Edgerton may refuse to let Christian Bale's people go as Ramses in Ridley Scott's EXODUS!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Ridley Scott's Old Testament flick, formerly titled MOSES, has had Christian Bale on board as the titular staff-wielding prophet for a few months now. Today, THR reports that the production has found the actor to square off against Bale as Ramses, and it's Joel Edgerton. The up-and-coming actor is in talks to play the legendarily oppressive Pharaoh in 20th Century Fox's upcoming production, now entitled EXODUS, that will shoot in September using Steve Zaillian's most current draft.
This would be the promising actor's first collaboration with Bale, or Scott for that matter, and it'll be his biggest test yet to stand tall with those mighty British talents. He's been a casting favorite for years, but his most prolific roles thus far have been in less-than-blockbusters like WARRIOR, ZERO DARK THIRTY, and, in a part perhaps most similar to his EXODUS role, THE GREAT GATSBY. This could be the showy, big-budget highlight of his skills that GATSBY almost was, and may finally elevate him to the A-list when it comes out in over a year. Like many, I became a fan after ANIMAL KINGDOM, and I hope this is the American feature that finally uses the actor to his optimal effect. If anyone can coax the best he's got out of him, it's Christian Bale and Ridley Scott.
EXODUS is prepping for a September shoot, and will probably release at an awards-friendly date in late 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 23 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 419 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 377 total posts 5 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Badger Narrates The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post