Copernicus On The Science Of Time Travel / DOCTOR WHO!!
AICN’s resident ultra-brain, Copernicus, is all kindsa smart and shit. Like...he’s a Staff Scientist at the Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network, he’s Adjunct Faculty at the University of California Santa Barbara, has hosted KNOWN UNIVERSE on the National Geographic Channel, and once boxed a NASA conspiracy theorist.
Copernicus also knows a helluva lot about DOCTOR WHO - which makes him even more dear to my heart. In a recent discussion, entitled The Science and Science Fiction of Time: From Spacetime to the TARDIS, Copernicus breaks down time travel in general, looks at the concept’s pointed use in several franchises, and focuses on the shenanigans of everyone’s favorite Time Lord.
slcs.org has posted said discussion, which is presented via the embed below.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 264 total posts 36 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 73 total posts 20 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 265 total posts 18 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 202 total posts 17 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 280 total posts 5 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 12 total posts 3 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 236 total posts 3 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 30 total posts 3 posts