Copernicus On The Science Of Time Travel / DOCTOR WHO!!
AICN’s resident ultra-brain, Copernicus, is all kindsa smart and shit. Like...he’s a Staff Scientist at the Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network, he’s Adjunct Faculty at the University of California Santa Barbara, has hosted KNOWN UNIVERSE on the National Geographic Channel, and once boxed a NASA conspiracy theorist.
Copernicus also knows a helluva lot about DOCTOR WHO - which makes him even more dear to my heart. In a recent discussion, entitled The Science and Science Fiction of Time: From Spacetime to the TARDIS, Copernicus breaks down time travel in general, looks at the concept’s pointed use in several franchises, and focuses on the shenanigans of everyone’s favorite Time Lord.
slcs.org has posted said discussion, which is presented via the embed below.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 253 total posts 152 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 139 total posts 139 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 254 total posts 117 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 151 total posts 60 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 113 total posts 57 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 67 total posts 39 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 449 total posts 38 posts