Copernicus On The Science Of Time Travel / DOCTOR WHO!!
AICN’s resident ultra-brain, Copernicus, is all kindsa smart and shit. Like...he’s a Staff Scientist at the Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network, he’s Adjunct Faculty at the University of California Santa Barbara, has hosted KNOWN UNIVERSE on the National Geographic Channel, and once boxed a NASA conspiracy theorist.
Copernicus also knows a helluva lot about DOCTOR WHO - which makes him even more dear to my heart. In a recent discussion, entitled The Science and Science Fiction of Time: From Spacetime to the TARDIS, Copernicus breaks down time travel in general, looks at the concept’s pointed use in several franchises, and focuses on the shenanigans of everyone’s favorite Time Lord.
slcs.org has posted said discussion, which is presented via the embed below.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 317 total posts 61 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 84 total posts 38 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 231 total posts 38 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 54 total posts 26 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 158 total posts 22 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 148 total posts 22 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 50 total posts 20 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 166 total posts 19 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 112 total posts 17 posts