Even Joss Whedon Feels Compelled to Comment On PLANET HULK...!!
The Kidd here...
The internet went into a tizzy with Latino Review's Super Bowl exclusive that the Hulk featured prominently in Phases Two and Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the potential for PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK story arcs carrying the character through the end of THE AVENGERS 2, into his own solo film and then back as the catalyst for THE AVENGERS 3. Of course, those story threads are among some of the most popular in the Hulk's history, so you could understand fans going apeshit over seeing the Hulk getting a kick-ass branch of the Marvel Cinematic Universe all to himself.
But as Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast, my friend."
Mr. Beaks received some highly credible intel debunking the PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK possibilities at least for the foreseeable future of what Marvel has planned. "1000% inaccurate" is how those Hulk plans were described, and now to further drop the hammer on PLANET HULK or WORLD WAR HULK being in the cards, Joss Whedon, while out promoting MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, felt the need to comment on those initial rumors.
While talking to IGN, Whedon was short, sweet and to the point when asked about PLANET HULK factoring into what Marvel has planned over the next few years: "Well I’m really not supposed to comment, but no, that’s nonsense."
Of course we live in the era of the fake denial (Hello, Talia al-Ghul), but this one is legit from everything being heard at Ain't It Cool HQ.
So where does that leave the Hulk moving forward? Your guess is as good as mine, and right now, probably as good as those over at Marvel Studios. There are a number of different paths they could go down with the Hulk, and quite a number of those are being explored at this time. However, they don't have anything concrete yet at this point, at least not that's escaped the walls of Kevin Feige's office. Do I think we may have some semblance of an answer as to the direction of the Hulk by the time the credits, or post-credits of THE AVENGERS 2, have rolled past? Yes... but that's still three years away, giving Marvel ample time to figure out exactly where they're going next, and how the Hulk is involved with that blueprint.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 341 total posts 47 posts
- Another Talented Filmmaker Joins The DOCTOR STRANGE Directin' Derby! -- 44 total posts 44 posts