Even Joss Whedon Feels Compelled to Comment On PLANET HULK...!!
The Kidd here...
The internet went into a tizzy with Latino Review's Super Bowl exclusive that the Hulk featured prominently in Phases Two and Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the potential for PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK story arcs carrying the character through the end of THE AVENGERS 2, into his own solo film and then back as the catalyst for THE AVENGERS 3. Of course, those story threads are among some of the most popular in the Hulk's history, so you could understand fans going apeshit over seeing the Hulk getting a kick-ass branch of the Marvel Cinematic Universe all to himself.
But as Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast, my friend."
Mr. Beaks received some highly credible intel debunking the PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK possibilities at least for the foreseeable future of what Marvel has planned. "1000% inaccurate" is how those Hulk plans were described, and now to further drop the hammer on PLANET HULK or WORLD WAR HULK being in the cards, Joss Whedon, while out promoting MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, felt the need to comment on those initial rumors.
While talking to IGN, Whedon was short, sweet and to the point when asked about PLANET HULK factoring into what Marvel has planned over the next few years: "Well I’m really not supposed to comment, but no, that’s nonsense."
Of course we live in the era of the fake denial (Hello, Talia al-Ghul), but this one is legit from everything being heard at Ain't It Cool HQ.
So where does that leave the Hulk moving forward? Your guess is as good as mine, and right now, probably as good as those over at Marvel Studios. There are a number of different paths they could go down with the Hulk, and quite a number of those are being explored at this time. However, they don't have anything concrete yet at this point, at least not that's escaped the walls of Kevin Feige's office. Do I think we may have some semblance of an answer as to the direction of the Hulk by the time the credits, or post-credits of THE AVENGERS 2, have rolled past? Yes... but that's still three years away, giving Marvel ample time to figure out exactly where they're going next, and how the Hulk is involved with that blueprint.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 285 total posts 48 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 106 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 84 total posts 6 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 222 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for [REC]4: APOCALYPSE Has Arrived! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR talks with Thommy Hutson about Kickstarting his new book, the definitive A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET companion, NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! -- 95 total posts 3 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 177 total posts 3 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 134 total posts 3 posts
- Here's A Trailer For AS ABOVE SO BELOW!! Freaky Madness In The Catacombs Of Paris!! -- 30 total posts 2 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 455 total posts 2 posts