Mickey Mouse as Dean Martin, Roger Rabbit as Jerry Lewis in a feature animated remake of THE STOOGE?!?!?!
Hey folks, Harry here.. Got an email from a new AICN spy calling himself ERIK, that over on Gary K Wolf's website, he is who wrote WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?, and he delivered quite the scoop last night. So much so that he even signed off as Walter Winchell. Here's Walter, I mean, Gary K Wolf's scoop:
The movie is called The Stooge. It will be based on the classic Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movie of the same name. The story has the emotional empathy and sensibilities of Wall-E and Toy Story. It will be a (G) Rated Pixar type animated musical buddy comedy. Mickey takes on the Dean Martin role, Roger, who is already regarded as a comic genius in France, takes the Jerry Lewis part.The film incorporates five specific locations from the Disneyland park. It also introduces the Toon Train, an exciting and interesting way to travel through Toontown.The film features real-life people. Walt Disney costars. Orson Welles makes an appearance.The packaged Development Proposal is currently being evaluated by Disney and Pixar. Meetings are happening! Directors and writers are being evaluated.
Alright, so this isn't in the Greenlight category, but in the dreamland category of development. As for THE STOOGE with Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis... Well that's a fun flick. Here's the trailer for Norman Taurog' comedy:
In many ways, I can see this as being the perfect vehicle for Mickey Mouse, who has lost some of his audience connection. He just doesn't seem to be the hippest thing these days. Well, that was the plot for THE STOOGE, Dean Martin's character was a Broadway performer that just wasn't performing up to snuff and is advised to get himself of STOOGE, enter Jerry Lewis. As for bringing this all to Disneyland - I'm hearing that element is involved in TOMORROWLAND, the Brad Bird project, so it'll be curious to see how they employ that as a setting. Right now this is one of those possible maybes that's going on behind the scenes. I'm just curious how they got Paramount to let them use the title and basic plot structure. Perhaps it is amazing what AVENGERS money can do?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 285 total posts 48 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 106 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 84 total posts 6 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 222 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for [REC]4: APOCALYPSE Has Arrived! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR talks with Thommy Hutson about Kickstarting his new book, the definitive A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET companion, NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! -- 95 total posts 3 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 177 total posts 3 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 134 total posts 3 posts
- Here's A Trailer For AS ABOVE SO BELOW!! Freaky Madness In The Catacombs Of Paris!! -- 30 total posts 2 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 455 total posts 2 posts