Mickey Mouse as Dean Martin, Roger Rabbit as Jerry Lewis in a feature animated remake of THE STOOGE?!?!?!
Hey folks, Harry here.. Got an email from a new AICN spy calling himself ERIK, that over on Gary K Wolf's website, he is who wrote WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?, and he delivered quite the scoop last night. So much so that he even signed off as Walter Winchell. Here's Walter, I mean, Gary K Wolf's scoop:
The movie is called The Stooge. It will be based on the classic Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movie of the same name. The story has the emotional empathy and sensibilities of Wall-E and Toy Story. It will be a (G) Rated Pixar type animated musical buddy comedy. Mickey takes on the Dean Martin role, Roger, who is already regarded as a comic genius in France, takes the Jerry Lewis part.The film incorporates five specific locations from the Disneyland park. It also introduces the Toon Train, an exciting and interesting way to travel through Toontown.The film features real-life people. Walt Disney costars. Orson Welles makes an appearance.The packaged Development Proposal is currently being evaluated by Disney and Pixar. Meetings are happening! Directors and writers are being evaluated.
Alright, so this isn't in the Greenlight category, but in the dreamland category of development. As for THE STOOGE with Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis... Well that's a fun flick. Here's the trailer for Norman Taurog' comedy:
In many ways, I can see this as being the perfect vehicle for Mickey Mouse, who has lost some of his audience connection. He just doesn't seem to be the hippest thing these days. Well, that was the plot for THE STOOGE, Dean Martin's character was a Broadway performer that just wasn't performing up to snuff and is advised to get himself of STOOGE, enter Jerry Lewis. As for bringing this all to Disneyland - I'm hearing that element is involved in TOMORROWLAND, the Brad Bird project, so it'll be curious to see how they employ that as a setting. Right now this is one of those possible maybes that's going on behind the scenes. I'm just curious how they got Paramount to let them use the title and basic plot structure. Perhaps it is amazing what AVENGERS money can do?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts