Gary K Wolf updates AICN regarding THE STOOGE starring Roger Rabbit & Mickey Mouse!!!
Hey folks, Harry here with an update from Gary K Wolf himself. He wrote me just a few short minutes ago to clarify the story he posted upon his blog! Now let's jump right on in with what Gary has to say.
There’s been a lot written today about the new Mickey Mouse/Roger Rabbit movie The Stooge.
There’s been some question about the story’s veracity. My fault. I posted this on my blog under the pseudonym Walter Windchill, the gossip columnist character I created and use to disseminate fake news from Toontown. I use Walter and his gossipy tidbits to promote my forthcoming Roger Rabbit novel, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? Real news I usually blog under my own name. In this case, I simply forgot to change over.
Here’s the true scoop, straight from the rabbit’s mouth.
The Stooge is a real development proposal for a Disney/Pixar movie. It has the same title as the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film and some of the same plot elements, but it’s not a remake. The storyline in this Stooge is quite different.
This movie, which will be all animated, has nothing to do with the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. They are totally different concepts and projects. It’s not a case of making one instead of the other. In an ideal, rabbit-centric world, Disney will make both.
The Stooge development producer Erik von Wodtke came up with the story and wrote the treatment. He showed it to me hoping that I would see how special it was and would be interested in coming in on the project. With that, he did succeed. I love the idea of a Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit musical buddy comedy. This is a co-star pairing made in cartoon heaven. Two iconic cartoon characters playing off one another in a story that has the heart and emotional soul of films like Wall-E and Toy Story. What Disney fan wouldn’t want to see that?
It’s a big year for Roger Rabbit. It’s the 25th anniversary of the film. Disney is releasing a commemorative Blu-ray edition in March. My third Roger Rabbit novel, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit?, comes out in November.
All of which gets two big thumbs up from me, two ears up from Roger, and two….well let’s just say that Jessica’s up for it, too.
Art director Doug A Sirois has been working on Stooge concept art. What I’ve seen so far is sensational. I will be involved in the project in a writing and creative capacity. Erik is currently talking to a number of top-flight screenwriters and directors. Watch my blog. I’ll keep fans posted on Stooge developments. From now on under my own name, not Walter’s.
Gary K. Wolf
Creator of Roger Rabbit
Harry here again - and let's all thank Gary for filling us in! So jazzed about this. I found this online and just thought I'd put it here at the end. It isn't from this development, but if they are going CG for this - this could be what Jessica Rabbit could look like... Here ya go:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 295 total posts 39 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 76 total posts 30 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 148 total posts 22 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 157 total posts 21 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 47 total posts 19 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 212 total posts 19 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 162 total posts 15 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 303 total posts 14 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 109 total posts 14 posts
- A New Trailer For DOCTOR WHO: 'The Time of the Doctor' Is Eerie and 'Splody!! -- 34 total posts 10 posts