JURASSIC WORLD to shoot in 35mm and 65mm, plus cinematographer announced!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I like this trend of big franchise movies sticking with film. First JJ Abrams announced he's shooting Star Wars on film and now we have Colin Trevorrow announcing that JURASSIC WORLD will not only shot on film, but it'll shoot in both 35mm and 65mm, which means it's likely that there'll be sections done all IMAX style like The Dark Knight.
Trevorrow also announced John Schwartzman will be the cinematographer. Schwartzman shot Benny & Joon, The Rock, Armageddon, Seabiscuit and more recently The Green Hornet and The Amazing Spider-Man.
Here's Trevorrow's original tweet:
Shit's getting real, you guys. A new Jurassic Park, a new Star Wars, a new Avengers, a Batman and Superman movie... My geek heart's all a-flutter!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 132 total posts 100 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 437 total posts 97 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 187 total posts 39 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 110 total posts 34 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 36 total posts 23 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 44 total posts 23 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 27 total posts 21 posts