The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news!
Hey folks, Harry here... As I've told everyone that has listened to me today... this is a weird BNAT - only one Black & White movie. There's a 70mm film for the first time at a BNAT, but it happens to be the only 70mm film made, that I've never seen theatrically shown in 70mm. So I'm personally getting that one out of the way. 70mm is the film format that I wish JJ Abrams would shoot the next STAR WARS upon! All the model photography... everything! I loved when Paul Thomas Anderson gave us THE MASTER on 70mm... but I want more to follow!
Now, if you live anywhere in the United States other than essentially Florida, you're aware of the absolutely frigid temps and inclimate weather that is causing havoc with Airlines. While this makes some BNATTERS miserable, stuck in far off locations or even having to cancel all on their own. I've seen too many sad letters of broken dreams... HOWEVER, if you're braving the cold tomorrow on the hopes to get in... Know that right now I know of 19 available seats! There's no need to get there crazy early, the tickets will be given out randomly, so being first isn't necessary. BUT be there no later than 10:30am at the Alamo Ritz, dress warmly, we don't want you getting sick, that's no way to spend 24 hours in a theater. And it's probably gonna be more like 25.5 hours anyways once it starts at Noon.
What's the point of the FAKE LIST? Well, it's some fun for folks that try to see their way into my crazed cinematic mush of a mind. Don't look for literal translations, as I'm usually making them very difficult to guess from. There will be 5 new ones and 7 old ones... but I sometimes use future film titles for old films that I'm playing. But also - I do the list to have people at home play along... maybe watch as much of the alternate list as possible. Now, here we go...
1. SINCERELY YOURS (1955)
2. EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980)
3. MARLOWE (1969)
4. MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (2015)
5. EYES WIDE SHUT (1999)
6. THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE (1981)
7. PETE'S DRAGON
8. THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (1960)
9. NIGHTBREED (1990)
10. THE DUNWICH HORROR (1970)
11. THE TIN DRUM (1979)
12. FRANKENSTEIN (1931)
Now remember, don't think literal parallels - every one makes sense to me, but then nobody has ever fully cracked my cinematic codes completely... let's see if you're up for it!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 171 total posts 42 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 487 total posts 33 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 281 total posts 28 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 41 total posts 13 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 66 total posts 12 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 111 total posts 8 posts