WATCHMEN writer to tackle the GRAN TURISMO movie!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
That GRAN TURISMO adaptation that we heard about a few months ago has taken its first real step forward towards getting made by securing the services of screenwriter Alex Tse. Tse, who wrote WATCHMEN alongside David Hayter and has been attached to the NINJA SCROLL movie and the HIGHLANDER remake, was hired by SOCIAL NETWORK/CAPTAIN PHILLIPS producers Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca, and Kevin Spacey to adapt the mega-successful Playstation franchise to the big screen. Still no word as to what the story will be, or even what direction they are going with, but considering the narrative-free nature of the source material (which is really just a really elaborate racing simulator), their options are near-limitless. As long as Sony (and the producers) get badass cars, intense races, and something resembling a fetish for mechanics and decals, and I'll bet Tse can come up with whatever the hell he wants.
I love WATCHMEN (the DIRECTOR'S CUT is a home-run, as far as I'm concerned), and one of the major coups of that script is its ability to tell a long, complex story without 100% settling on a single protagonist, so I'm holding out hope that he can conjure up an interesting narrative without simply making it a one-man-on-a-vengeance story or something (like the NEED FOR SPEED adaptation appears to be). Hell, maybe he could make a contemporary RUSH-type movie about the current state of international professional racing. Whoever they get to direct this will give us a better clue as to what direction this movie's going in, but honestly, we can't even begin to speculate at this point.
What do you imagine a GRAN TURISMO movie would look like?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts