Are These Possible Titles For The MAN OF STEEL Sequel??
I‘m usually reticent to post this kind of news because…even though it’s kinda/sorta interesting…there’s still so much room for the info not to pan out.
Nonetheless, one of the more amusing elements of the upcoming MAN OF STEEL sequel… which controversially injects Henry Cavill into the mix as Batman opposite Ben Affleck’s returning Clark Kent/Superman…is: what title would the film actually have? BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN or some derivation thereof…seems…too easy? Perhaps even lazy. The matter seems to be almost as provocative as the casting of Cavill as Batman.
By way of Fusible comes this teasing glimpse at which direction the production may actually be leaning. It’s critical to note that NONE of these titles may ultimately be the one settled on by The Powers That Be, although…historically…when we see a bevy of titles registered as these recently were…one frequently does emerge as the real McCoy.
Per Fusible, domain names recently registered by WB...
...include “Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darkness Within”.
Shorter variations of the names were also registered like, “Battle the Knight”, “Black of Knight”, “Knight Falls”, and “The Blackest Hour”.
MAN OF STEEL: SHADOW OF THE NIGHT (wouldn’t that be ‘KNIGHT’?) isn’t too bad. MAN OF STEEL BLACK OF KNIGHT could work - but why not MAN OF STEEL DARK OF KNIGHT (OR DARK OF NIGHT??) Or, is that too cheesy? What do you think?
By the way: YES, I know I switched Affleck’s and Cavill’s characters around in the paragraph above. It’s too complicated an in-joke to explain - consider it a shout out to frequent Talkbackers regarding a typographical error I made in a recent post.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 132 total posts 100 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 437 total posts 97 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 187 total posts 39 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 110 total posts 34 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 36 total posts 23 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 44 total posts 23 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 27 total posts 21 posts