Are These Possible Titles For The MAN OF STEEL Sequel??
I‘m usually reticent to post this kind of news because…even though it’s kinda/sorta interesting…there’s still so much room for the info not to pan out.
Nonetheless, one of the more amusing elements of the upcoming MAN OF STEEL sequel… which controversially injects Henry Cavill into the mix as Batman opposite Ben Affleck’s returning Clark Kent/Superman…is: what title would the film actually have? BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN or some derivation thereof…seems…too easy? Perhaps even lazy. The matter seems to be almost as provocative as the casting of Cavill as Batman.
By way of Fusible comes this teasing glimpse at which direction the production may actually be leaning. It’s critical to note that NONE of these titles may ultimately be the one settled on by The Powers That Be, although…historically…when we see a bevy of titles registered as these recently were…one frequently does emerge as the real McCoy.
Per Fusible, domain names recently registered by WB...
...include “Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darkness Within”.
Shorter variations of the names were also registered like, “Battle the Knight”, “Black of Knight”, “Knight Falls”, and “The Blackest Hour”.
MAN OF STEEL: SHADOW OF THE NIGHT (wouldn’t that be ‘KNIGHT’?) isn’t too bad. MAN OF STEEL BLACK OF KNIGHT could work - but why not MAN OF STEEL DARK OF KNIGHT (OR DARK OF NIGHT??) Or, is that too cheesy? What do you think?
By the way: YES, I know I switched Affleck’s and Cavill’s characters around in the paragraph above. It’s too complicated an in-joke to explain - consider it a shout out to frequent Talkbackers regarding a typographical error I made in a recent post.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 298 total posts 162 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 145 total posts 67 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 279 total posts 64 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 65 total posts 27 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 316 total posts 15 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts