AMC’s THE KILLING Unkilled Again!! A Fourth Season Will Stream On Netflix!!
AMC’s “The Killing” was cancelled after its second season, then unexpected revived for a third. After season three aired this year, AMC cancelled it again.
But now the serialized Seattle cop hourlong has been uncancelled a second time! Netflix will stream a six-hour fourth season!
Netflix is billing it as a “final” season, but of course we’ve heard that one before.
Netflix Orders Final Season of "The Killing," from Fox Television Studios, Exclusively for Its Streaming Members in Netflix Territories
Six-Episode Limited Series will Mark Last Season of Acclaimed Drama
Beverly Hills, CA - November 15, 2013 - Netflix has ordered a fourth and final limited season that will serve as a conclusion for "The Killing," exclusively for its over 40 million members worldwide. The 6-episode series finale, from Fox Television Studios (FTVS), will be available only to Netflix streaming members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.
"The rich, serialized storytelling in 'The Killing' thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off," said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. "We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing."
David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, "It's a true testament to 'The Killing' creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We're gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."
The first three seasons of "The Killing" are now available to stream globally on Netflix.
Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, "The Killing" follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives "Sarah Linden" (Mireille Enos) and "Stephen Holder" (Joel Kinnaman). Seasons one and two chronicled the "Rosie Larsen case," with Linden and Holder investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Picking up one year after the close of that investigation, season three followed the detectives on their search for a runaway girl, leading them to discover a gruesome string of murders that connected to a previous investigation by Linden.
"The Killing" is created and executive-produced by Veena Sud. Mikkel Bondesen is executive producer for Fabrik Entertainment. Kristen Campo also serves as co-executive producer for Fabrik. "The Killing" is produced by Fox Television Studios for Netflix.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts