AMC’s THE KILLING Unkilled Again!! A Fourth Season Will Stream On Netflix!!
AMC’s “The Killing” was cancelled after its second season, then unexpected revived for a third. After season three aired this year, AMC cancelled it again.
But now the serialized Seattle cop hourlong has been uncancelled a second time! Netflix will stream a six-hour fourth season!
Netflix is billing it as a “final” season, but of course we’ve heard that one before.
Netflix Orders Final Season of "The Killing," from Fox Television Studios, Exclusively for Its Streaming Members in Netflix Territories
Six-Episode Limited Series will Mark Last Season of Acclaimed Drama
Beverly Hills, CA - November 15, 2013 - Netflix has ordered a fourth and final limited season that will serve as a conclusion for "The Killing," exclusively for its over 40 million members worldwide. The 6-episode series finale, from Fox Television Studios (FTVS), will be available only to Netflix streaming members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.
"The rich, serialized storytelling in 'The Killing' thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off," said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. "We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing."
David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, "It's a true testament to 'The Killing' creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We're gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."
The first three seasons of "The Killing" are now available to stream globally on Netflix.
Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, "The Killing" follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives "Sarah Linden" (Mireille Enos) and "Stephen Holder" (Joel Kinnaman). Seasons one and two chronicled the "Rosie Larsen case," with Linden and Holder investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Picking up one year after the close of that investigation, season three followed the detectives on their search for a runaway girl, leading them to discover a gruesome string of murders that connected to a previous investigation by Linden.
"The Killing" is created and executive-produced by Veena Sud. Mikkel Bondesen is executive producer for Fabrik Entertainment. Kristen Campo also serves as co-executive producer for Fabrik. "The Killing" is produced by Fox Television Studios for Netflix.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 50 total posts 48 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 35 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 176 total posts 34 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 133 total posts 29 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 197 total posts 20 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 551 total posts 20 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 28 total posts 16 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 42 total posts 16 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 41 total posts 16 posts