‘Why Don’t You Relay
The Message Instead??’
Hercules Says Tonight’s Antepenultimate BOARDWALK Is Another Great One!!
Boardwalk Empire 4.10 FAQ
What’s it called?
“White Horse Pike.”
Teleplay is credited to Dave Flebotte.
What says HBO?
“Tipped off by Sally Wheet (Patricia Arquette), Nucky enlists Eli (Shea Whigham) and Agent Knox (Brian Geraghty) to check out the extra cargo in Florida shipments. Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) ponders a deal with Rothstein to improve her family’s living conditions. Capone grows suspicious of Torrio (Greg Antonacci); Nucky faces a dilemma; Eli makes peace with Willie (Ben Rosenfield).”
So are we done with Nelson Van Alden for the season?
The godless Van Alden is back. He has far less screen time that he did last week but his actions this week are pivotal.
And The Phantom Richard Harrow?
Nucky gave him a job as a cleaner. If you know what I mean.
“White Horse Pike”?
A stretch of New Jersey highway that helps connect Tampa to New York. This is where Eli and Knox check out the cargo. It’s a perfect place to find what is found.
What dilemma does Nucky face this week?
It’s a North Side issue.
What’s doing with our favorite new character, FBI swine James Tolliver/Warren Knox?
Tolliver’s Van Alden side goes rather more public this week.
How does Eli make peace with Willie?
By condoning his shift to the dark side.
Any sign of Gillian Darmody this week?
Any reference to Eddie Kessler this week?
Any sign of Esther Randolph, George Remus, Gaston Bullock Means or Andrew Mellon?
We see a bit of what J. Edgar Hoover’s up to.
What does Rothstein want from Margaret?
Anything happening with Lansky and/or Luciano?
No Charlie, but it’s a big episode for Lansky.
Do we see the bottom half of Willie’s hot girlfriend?
We do not.
How does it start?
Knox/Tolliver grills an unshaven Eli about Capone.
The big news?
It’s a much bigger Chalky episode than HBO’s logline suggests.
What else is HBO not telling us?
Nucky’s initial conversation with Narcisse is a classic.
Knox/Tolliver. Insurance agent Ballenchek, recently transferred from the Chicago office. The visit with Chalky’s daughter. “Everything he holds dear can be gone.” “You have time to go to the pictures?” “Any other objections?” “You’ll find the meat tough.” “There’s been something I’ve been meaning to ask you.”
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only two episodes left until 2014.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
As it begins, with Eli Thompson. “Let’s get it sorted out,” says Nucky’s brother.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 61 total posts 7 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 33 total posts 5 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 134 total posts 5 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 257 total posts 4 posts
- Michael Fassbender makes experimental music from behind a giant papier-mache head in this trailer for FRANK! -- 57 total posts 4 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 140 total posts 3 posts
- The Friday Docback Is Chilly Towards ‘The Ice Warriors’!! DOCTOR WHO Story #39, HornOrSilk Reviews The ‘Dark Eyes’ 2.1 / 2.2 Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 28 total posts 2 posts