A spin-off of THE CONJURING is being developed surrounding the creepy doll, ANNABELLE!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
We knew after THE CONJURING grossed $316 million on a $20 million production budget that there would be sequels. We even got some tips on what the sequel might feature in August. Now, it seems that Warner Bros. isn’t content with just making a sequel to the first film but a new report suggests they want a spin-off too.
Schmoes Know is reporting that a spin-off film, ANNABELLE surrounding the creepy doll in the first film is being developed for a spring 2014 shoot. The first film’s Director of Photography, John R. Leonetti is going to direct the film. No plot details or cast listing has been released yet. Here is some reading on the supposed true story surrounding the doll.
With as cheap as horror movies are to make, it makes a lot of sense to milk THE CONJURING for all its worth. The problem is that what made that doll so creepy is we didn’t know a lot about it. If they dedicate an entire film to it, that might take the mystery away. Plus, Wan already handled something similar in DEAD SILENCE.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 212 total posts 8 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 566 total posts 4 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 9 total posts 3 posts
- AICN Legends: Quint chats up Kurt Russell about everything from Walt Disney to John Carpenter! -- 147 total posts 2 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 19 total posts 2 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 35 total posts 2 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 89 total posts 2 posts