Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz, and Milla Jovovich as THE EXPENDABELLES?!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We'd known about the plans for a "female EXPENDABLES" for a while now, and even figured that Milla Jovovich would probably one of the first stars that'd get signed to the roster. Well, following their habit of first revealing stuff to the Bulgarian press, Avi Lerner and his Millenium Films revealed to that nation's Standart (cute name) that he's currently in talks with Jovovich, Meryl Streep, and Cameron Diaz for the project now called THE EXPENDABELLES. According to Deadline, Lerner is on the lookout for a female action director (we're all thinking the same "Big" name, right? hint, hint?), and has a script by, um, the writers of 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU, LEGALLY BLONDE, and THE UGLY TRUTH. Not to be sexist, or anything, but I wouldn't mind getting Shane Black or someone getting a pass at this...or any female writers out there who are more versed with the badass side of femininity than they are with ditziness and dating politics.
We've seen Jovovich and Diaz kick-ass onscreen before, and Streep would make an A+ handler/ex-Belle character, especially if they let her really cuss up a storm and go at it. No word on whether Gina Carano, who's been linked to the project for a year, is still onboard, but I'm really hoping they get her because a. she's just as physically attractive as her co-stars (if not more so) and b. she's the only one that can really lay down the Van Dammage when she needs to.
Who else would you guys want to see join this new franchise? Angelina Jolie? Michelle Rodriguez? Michelle Yeoh? Linda Hamilton? Cynthia Rothrock? Sybil Danning? Chloe Moretz as the Liam Hemsworth-y new blood?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 28 total posts 26 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 154 total posts 12 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 33 total posts 8 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 111 total posts 7 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 7 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 32 total posts 6 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 182 total posts 5 posts
- 10 Movies Not To Miss At SXSW 2014! -- 14 total posts 5 posts