HAROLD & KUMAR creators Hurwitz and Schlossberg to write/direct a dad-centric sex comedy!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg have lined up their third films as writer/directors, after HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY and AMERICAN REUNION. Deadline broke the news that the duo, who made their names creating the HAROLD & KUMAR franchise, is getting ready to tackle the project formerly called CHERRIES (a title I'm batshit in love with), to be produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
The premise involves three dads who discover their teenage daughters have made a pact to lost their respective v-cards on prom night, and take it upon themselves to make sure that doesn't happen. Sounds like a feature-film version of Vince Vaughn's subplot from THE WATCH. God, don't you wish that CHERRIES title was still in contention for this one?
You ever see that episode of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA where the three male leads break down their dynamic, designating a "looks" (Dennis), a "brains" (Mac), and a "wild card" (Charlie) among themselves? It aired in '08, before THE HANGOVER and HORRIBLE BOSSES (which featured star and co-writer of that very episode, Charlie Day) existed, yet that "three lads" framework has been applied to both, and considering the success of those films, I'd imagine that this film will follow suit as well. Oddly prophetic stuff from the IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY guys, if you ask me.
I'm fan of Hurwitz/Schlossberg's work, even if A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR CHRISTMAS was undercooked and underwhelming (although, to be fair, the duo didn't direct that one due to being busy working on the far better AMERICAN REUNION), so any projects that can channel the team's abilities to depict raunchy humor and potent male bonding has my attention. And if they can get John Cho and/or Neil Patrick Harris onboard this one for cheap, all the better (both made humorous, but brief appearances in AMERICAN REUNION).
Expect some relatively cheap, but reliable comedy names to line up for this one. Any thoughts as to which talents will be on the table?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 69 total posts 67 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 79 total posts 53 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 179 total posts 37 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 140 total posts 36 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 55 total posts 30 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 55 total posts 29 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 203 total posts 26 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 553 total posts 22 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts