Could More Films Set in the Potter Universe Be on the Way?
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
We recently learned that, while the story of Harry Potter has definitely been closed, the wizarding world remains wide open, with a great many stories to be told. In the wake of the announcement of the development of a film based on the Hogwarts textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros. has gone about trademarking the title for every conceivable purpose under the sun. Which makes sense, given the success of anything Potter-related.
The interesting thing that Bleeding Cool points out is the number of other trademarks that have been filed along with it, including:
- the book Quidditch Through The Ages,
- it's author, Kennilworthy Whisp
- the Quidditch teams: Chudley Cannons, Wimbourne Wasps, Kenmare Kestrels
- the book Tales Of Beedle The Bard
The idea of the Quidditch movie could be something spectacular - those scenes in the original Potter series were some of the most exciting in the films, and were always an audience favorite. Tales of Beedle the Bard (which played a role in the storyline in THE DEATHLY HALLOWS book and films) is a favorite among Potter fans and would almost certainly be a hit if it went into production.
And again, this news in no way guarantees that any of the trademarked properties will turn into anything. But it does seem indicate that Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling are looking at the possibility of further expanding the Potter universe in film, should FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM prove successful.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 238 total posts 107 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 131 total posts 96 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 103 total posts 31 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 82 total posts 23 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 88 total posts 22 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 97 total posts 21 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 135 total posts 17 posts