Could More Films Set in the Potter Universe Be on the Way?
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
We recently learned that, while the story of Harry Potter has definitely been closed, the wizarding world remains wide open, with a great many stories to be told. In the wake of the announcement of the development of a film based on the Hogwarts textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros. has gone about trademarking the title for every conceivable purpose under the sun. Which makes sense, given the success of anything Potter-related.
The interesting thing that Bleeding Cool points out is the number of other trademarks that have been filed along with it, including:
- the book Quidditch Through The Ages,
- it's author, Kennilworthy Whisp
- the Quidditch teams: Chudley Cannons, Wimbourne Wasps, Kenmare Kestrels
- the book Tales Of Beedle The Bard
The idea of the Quidditch movie could be something spectacular - those scenes in the original Potter series were some of the most exciting in the films, and were always an audience favorite. Tales of Beedle the Bard (which played a role in the storyline in THE DEATHLY HALLOWS book and films) is a favorite among Potter fans and would almost certainly be a hit if it went into production.
And again, this news in no way guarantees that any of the trademarked properties will turn into anything. But it does seem indicate that Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling are looking at the possibility of further expanding the Potter universe in film, should FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM prove successful.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 285 total posts 48 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 106 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 84 total posts 6 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 222 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for [REC]4: APOCALYPSE Has Arrived! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR talks with Thommy Hutson about Kickstarting his new book, the definitive A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET companion, NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! -- 95 total posts 3 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 177 total posts 3 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 134 total posts 3 posts
- Here's A Trailer For AS ABOVE SO BELOW!! Freaky Madness In The Catacombs Of Paris!! -- 30 total posts 2 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 455 total posts 2 posts