ANT-MAN moves up from November to Summer 2015!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Deadline has announced that Disney has moved their Edgar Wright-directed ANT-MAN flick up from its original late-Fall release date for a Summer opening. The comic book adaptation, which kicks off Phase Three of the Marvel Cineverse, was originally slated to drop on November 6th, 2015, which would've put it squarely up against the latest Sam Mendes-directed Bond film, but will now be released on July 31st, where its only competition (for now) is MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN (which sounds like an X-MEN spinoff, but isn't).
So instead of waiting the half-a-year that separates IRON MAN 3 and THOR: THE DARK WORLD, we will get a new Marvel feature only about 3 months after AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON closes the book on Phase Two. I wonder what prompted the change? Maybe a notion that the "Marvel spirit" is strongest among fanboys during those hot, school-free summer months? Or is there some weak THOR tracking that we haven't heard about yet? The studio has yet to open a film outside of the Summer, so I'd definitely consider cold feet as a possibility here. The wait between IM 3 and THOR 2 seems more arbitrary than it would be between films that bookend large chapters of this cinematic universe Marvel is creating, but if Hank Pym pops up in AGE OF ULTRON, audiences may be more willing to journey into his world right after his introduction than if they keep him on ice until the film hits Blu-ray/DVD.
Either way, we're getting ANT-MAN sooner than we thought. So we got that going for us. Which is nice. Then we just have to wait again until the following May for whatever the hell Marvel's got cookin up for the second installment of Phase Three.
ANT-MAN creeps onto screens nationwide on July 31st, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts