Bradley Cooper To Voice Rocket Raccoon For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!
Kudos to Latino Review. They landed this scoop last night, and it has 100% panned out. The Hollywood Reporter is confirming El Mayimbe's report that Bradley Cooper has snagged the scene-stealing role of Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. Cooper will only be providing the voice for the uzi-toting varmit, but given how crucial the character is rumored to be to the story, his vocal stylings will be make-or-break in terms of establishing Rocket Raccoon as a badass action icon. Personally, I was hoping they'd go for someone with a gruffer voice (I loved Harry's Kurt Russell suggestion), but Cooper's certainly earned the benefit of the doubt here. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Production on GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is ongoing, with a scheduled release date of August 1, 2014. This is a big, big gamble for Marvel, which thinks they've got a GHOSTBUSTERS/GALAXY QUEST hybrid in this movie. It's up to director James Gunn to strike that tricky tonal balance. Will he be able to pull it off?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts