Fox is developing a big screen adaptation of X-FORCE with Jeff Wadlow to script and possibly direct!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
THR is reporting that Fox is currently developing a feature film adaptation of the X-Men comic book spinoff, X-Force. They are also reporting that KICK-ASS 2 director, Jeff Wadlow is writing the film and will possibly direct it.
X-Force is a comic series that was created in 1991 by Rob Liefeld as a militant and aggressive spin-off of X-Men. The team has seen many incarnations over the last 20+ years so this opens up a lot of questions. Is this going to be connected to Fox’s film version of X-MEN? Is it going to be the more serious version of the X-Force?
Well thankfully, Liefeld is a part of the development process and was being very active on Twitter today.
So from those Tweets it would appear that Cable and Deadpool are a virtual lock to be a part of the team. He also seems to still want Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and seems confident that it will stay true to the roots of the character. (And not be a total abomination like the portrayal of Deadpool was in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.) It also looks like they are going to use the original, more serious version of the team as well. Don't get your hopes too high though as Liefeld also tried to curb expectations that the film is even made by saying,
When they cast an X-Force film then its reason to celebrate. They have a Magneto film in 'development' as well. Proceed with caution.— robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) July 12, 2013
As for Jeff Wadlow writing and possibly directing the film, I am going to wait until I see KICK-ASS 2 to really form an opinion on that. I didn't see NEVER BACK DOWN and heard nothing but terrible things about it, and I didn't like CRY WOLF at all either. If he can pull off KICK-ASS 2 though this might be great news. It worked out for Fox when they hired the original KICK-ASS director, Matthew Vaughn, to direct X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. The difference is that he had already showed a lot of potential with STARDUST and LAYER CAKE, where with Wadlow, he hasn't really showed anything so far. We will see though, it is certainly good news that Liefeld seems to have a significant role in the developmental process. Hopefully that will ensure a loyal adaptation.
What do you guys think? Which version of the team would you use? Any thoughts on casting?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 367 total posts 27 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 57 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 162 total posts 14 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 98 total posts 5 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 272 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 519 total posts 4 posts