Food puns galore in this newest trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
We have a new trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, and it gives us a little deeper of a peek into the newly "foodimal"-infested island of Swallow Falls. There is a ton of focus on the plethora of new creatures, such as a cute strawberry sidekick, swinging "shrimpanzees", and brontosaurus-like scallions. We get more moments with the returning cast, including Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, James Caan, and Benjamin Bratt, as well as Terry Crews replacing Mr. T as the cop character. I didn't go as bonkers over the first one as some others did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless; this one looks a little too gimmicky and corny (no pun intended) for me. The concept seems like even more of a stretch than the first one, it seems like there aren't really any major new characters, and I don't know if the old ones were even interesting enough to revisit (though I still love the character design for the Caan-voiced father). I can say that it sure looks colorful, and that a lot of thought has clearly gone into the look of everything on the island, which should provide for a fairly visually-engaging experience at the very least. But I'm still waiting for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2; now that was a movie that warranted a franchise.
Question: how the frick do these characters immediately know what all these things are called? Or are they just super-clever and can name them all on the spot? STOP DOING THE TOY MANUFACTURERS' WORK FOR THEM THEY'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT TO CALL THESE THINGS ON THEIR OWN!!
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 (I still prefer the title CLOUDY 2: REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS, but this is for kids and I guess they think kids are stupid) starts serving on September 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 300 total posts 164 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 156 total posts 78 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 284 total posts 70 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 70 total posts 32 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Quint checks out Aussie drug thriller THE MULE starring Hugo Weaving at SXSW 2014! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Meet your new FANTASTIC FOUR!! -- 1648 total posts 16 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 317 total posts 16 posts