It's Downey Vs. Cooper In The World Series Of CHEF Movies!
We've got another dueling projects situation in Hollywood! This time, it's a tale of two CHEFs. First, there's Jon Favreau's CHEF, which is set to star Robert Downey Jr. as a disgraced cook who looks to reclaim his former foodie glory by starting up a food truck. And now there's The Weinstein Company's UNTITLED CHEF MOVIE, which features Bradley Cooper as a "bad boy" chef hellbent on getting his third Michelin star by opening a restaurant in Paris.
The latter film calls to mind SEARED, David Fincher's abandoned project that was to be a loose adaptation of Anthony Bourdain's KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL. But it's TWC that's pissed off by the existence of Favreau's CHEF, to the point that they've issued a cease-and-desist to get the rival production to change the title. Will they cave?
In terms of development, Favreau's film seems to have the inside track, as they've already assembled a pretty impressive cast (Scarlett Johansson, Bobby Cannavale, Sofia Vergara and John Leguizamo. But the Weinstein's are well practiced in the art of fuckery, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up winning the title dispute - unless Sony calls in the above-pictured ringer.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 391 total posts 54 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 151 total posts 21 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 47 total posts 18 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 25 total posts 16 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 36 total posts 14 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 112 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 44 total posts 8 posts